This Is A Bit Scary

Loving my Oldies

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A first year vet saved Russel my Goldie with a tick just after closing hours. She busted her backside for my Russ at 10 years of age and used new methods she had just learnt in her uni degree. One of them was putting him over a rack on the sink and cooling him down. Russ was freezing and shivering.

This first year vet actually allowed me to stay with Russ from start to finish. She never dismissed me, never told me to leave. She was happy for me to be there for Russ (I keept him calm) (and cooled with the water ) while she explained everything step by step and began treatment.

I will never forget her as long as I live. This was 13 years ago, this very young red head vet, was incredible and saved my dogs life.

Thats a lovely story.

I will never forget this vet either, she left the clinic a few years ago to move back to the city, but when Sam passed we sent her a card thanking her for his extra 5 years. She was always talking about him like her own because he was her first serious case.

Before she left she had a baby and leant down and introduced Sam to the baby at the clinic, thats how close she became to us.

That is beautiful Lisa, sorry for your loss :heart: She sounds like a very special vet and loved Sam very much.

This vet was amazing I remember thinking when I met her how young she was (not in a bad way) she saved Russ's life without question. I came home after work and both front his and back legs were gone, his lungs were next. He was with the vet for 5 days. The tick was under his collar and huge, she asked me if she could keep the tick for something she was doing due to it's size.

She was incerdibly passionate and had such a great energy and freshness about her. She had me under no illusions as to how serious Russ was, though it was not all doom and gloom.

The head vet was very old school and didnt allow you to visit, though each day i called she would say come up at such and such time (when he had left for the day). Russ loved our visits and things we brought from home :) He also loved going to the clinic to say hello to his vet :)

Bunnings must be different where you are Sabbath. In Sydney and the south coast they offer a huge choice, quality and competitive prices and the range is huge. The stores are massive.

I think we just have a differing opinion. Bunnings here are huge, massive football field sized things. Bigger even. I just disagree that they sell quality or variety. Cheap though, yes. :)