Recommendation For Vet That Is Good With Bulldogs

samanthony23

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good vets they could recommend that are known too be good with Bulldogs. I am currently living in Eastern Suburbs Sydney so maybe something around here or city area could be okay too. Its for my new pup. Breeder has given me a recommendation, its a little bit of a drive which I don't mind doing but would like to also look at my options.

THANKS!

Mortdale Vet Clinic used to have a couple of Bulldog breeders as clients... not so sure about that now they have been bought by Greencross.

You could probably try Ben Acheson at Kogarah - he worked at Mortdale Vet Clinic for a while before going out on his own, and would have seen a number of Bulldogs in his time. He's also a really lovely man who truly cares about all animals.

T.

A bit of a distance, but Jamie McNeil, Korumburra and Kooweerup.

You're suggesting someone to go Melbourne, from Sydney, to see a vet :confused:

Oops my apologies, saw area and not Sydney. So, no I am not suggesting that, it was an error on my behalf.

My breeder did recommend Rosalie at Gladesville so I think I will stick with that as a lot of you seem to second that recommendation!

Thanks a lot guys!

Rosalie is great, very gentle, extremely intelligent and understands the breeds make up. Some vets get a bit knife happy and damning with the braccys. She used to treat my British Bulldog. I've moved out of the area and have found it very difficult to find another vet who understands Pugs. I know a lot of breeders use Rosalie.

Has anybody tried the puppy school at Gladesville Vet? If so, what are your thoughts? Or if anyone has recommendations to other ones that aren't too far from Eastern Suburbs - kind of limited to days though which makes it a bit difficult, Really can only do Sundays and Mondays.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Ben went to Belmore Vet? OK - I haven't kept in touch...

T.

He's Benny and the Pets, isn't he? That's the new sign over the clinic. I haven't been in since we stopped fostering.

He works at both clinics. Mondays at Belmore and the rest of the week at Kogarah on President Ave. Damn good vet! :)