Dogs Who Are Elderly, Exercise Intolerant And Fairly Immobile...

westiemum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people think it would work if I removed the main seat of the pram in Perse's link and simply left the low to the ground toddler seat that would work? In the photo it looks like if I took to the main seat with a Stanley knife I could remove it fairly easily. Or am I missing something? Thoughts?

ETA: Shows you how much I know about prams - I mean leave the storage bin underneath for Mac to sit in? And take or leave the second toddler seat?embarrass.gifsmile.gif

Edited by westiemum

The stroller is a Steelcraft and you will find there are probably a heap of them at the dump-shop. The upholstery is easy to remove, I cut ours off with a knife. You can unbolt the sunshade.

Make sure you don't take too much frame off as many of the triangular sections are needed for stability.

If you check my photos... OH cut the handles off above the triangular stays...that's ok but do not cut off any more than that, you don't need to take off any more frame than is shown in the photos with Penny sitting in her Pennymobile off-roader version---Post # 46

There is a bracket on the parcel-shelf at the handle-bar end (the end with the foot-brake) that needs to be moved forward to give the parcel-shelf-holder more stability, this is fairly important. Maybe you could take it to a engineering firm, it wouldn't cost much at all to get them to weld it...probably a couple of 6 packs of stubbies.

Here are a couple of photos to show what I mean

img_1716-1_zpsfd6aa987.jpg

img_1715-1_zps8d2be369.jpg

edited for grammar

Edited by Boronia

Wow Boronia - just wow - even better photos than before! You know the stroller in Perses link would do nicely I think and the price is right. I could try it and then contact the Men's Shed for any modifications - and Mac would like red! It goes faster... embarrass.gifrofl1.gif

That stroller of Perse's would be good, you could take off all the top stuff if you wanted to, it also has the added advantage of being able to turn readily...the Pennymobile (offroad version) does turn but the turning-circle is rather large as the trolley has fixed wheels only.

Fast-Red is definitely Mac's colour

Thanks Boronia - turning and control is important as I'll also have the other two westies on leads so needs to be fairly easy to control with one hand - which is why I was particularly keen on a three wheeler... OK off I go to purchase - and hopefully pick up tomorrow night... smile.gif

I guess you would also need to take note of what needs to be kept for folding purposes before you started cutting off any of the structural stuff as there will be times when it would be useful to fold and put the pram away or for transporting.

Edited by Little Gifts

Thanks LG - I'm actually hoping it might not need any structural mods as when I look at photos the handles are over the second toddler seat and the storage bin looks to be only just off centre - and with the Mac attack weighting it down it might be OK structurally as is. And it looks like a lot of the main upholstery might clip off - anyway well see...smile.gif

I hope so Marion - he thinks he's just the bees knees when I tuck him under my arm and carry him on walks - happy and alert, ears forward. Very unhappy these days having to walk any distance. He was even baulking tonight walking less than ten metres to the car. So hope I can pick it up tomorrow and see how it goes. Will post some photos as soon as I can. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum