Hip Scoring

espinay2

Prior to this I have always had all my hip and elbow scoring done by Wyburn.

I like to send them all to the one place for reasons of consistency - he tended to do most of our breed that was scored.

Of course he is no longer an option and I now have a few more coming up that will be of an age where I will be scoring (I score at 2 yrs).

So my question is - if you were picking and choosing which scorer to send to (rather than sending through CHEDS and taking pot luck), who would you send to, and why?

Note I am not interested in choosing a scorer because they are an 'easy marker' (that does no one any favours) - more wondering who is going to fill Wyburn's shoes for me as someone who was consistent and whose views I trusted.

Roger Lavelle in Romsey Victoria has been at the forefront of the Hip Scheme going back to the 70's where he (and others) were the mainstay behind the GSD scheme when it was based thru (I think, although perhaps straining the memory here) Melbourne University.

My last lot was done by Robert Rawlinson in Mt Barker SA - only because thats where the vet usually sends them....

All seemed above board.

GSDs who are scored though our National scheme can choose between Dr Roger Lavelle in Vic and DrJennifer Richardson in WA. I used Wynurn too but have switched to Lavelle because his turn around time is great.

Edited by Heidley

Rawlenson here as well..very fast turn arounds, they email you the basic results and then you get your breakdown. As well, he is the one that was recommended by Wyburn....

That he was recommended by Wyburn is good to know. I had wondered if he had suggested anyone in particular.