Microchip Question.

rajacadoo

Ok here is the story.

Bitch born in 2009, in NSW, m/c up there by the breeder, and registered on the NSW Companion Animal Register (CAR). Came down to me in Tassie, where I filled out a Change of Owner/Detail form from CAR. I then received a NSW CAR Certificate of Identification, with all my details on it.

I have now sold this bitch to Qld, and the new owner needs to transfer her over to her name and details.

Tried today to get onto the CAR website, to either find a phone number to ring about changing her details, or finding a form to download. Nope couldn't find either one, can't actually get into their website at all. So I'm seeing something about local council, so rang them, and they gave me the phone number for Central Animal Records. I rang them, explained what I needed, but her m/c number wasn't found. They sent me by email a form, which apparently I don't even need to fill out or sign, etc, I just send it up to the new owner to fill out, and they pay a fee, and bingo she's now in the data-base with the new owners details...

Does this sound right ??? Why don't I need to sign anything??? I'm wondering if the lady I spoke to thinks she isn't registered, so thats what the fee is for, to put her on the m/c data-base???

Apologies if I'm sounding dumb about this, just not sure if I have the correct form :o

The NSW Companion Animal Register (local government owned) is different to Central Animal Records (privately owned I think).

Here are the details for the NSW Companion Animal Register and they can send you the form you need. Bear in mind that this is only a NSW database so the Qld person will have to register the dog up there in whatever database they use.

Division of Local Government

Department of Premier and Cabinet

Locked Bag 3015

NOWRA NSW 2541

Ph: 02 4428-4100

Fax: 02 4428-4199

E-mail: [email protected]

It is also online but I can't find it but will keep looking.

Wouldn't it be lovely to only have one, Australia wide, registry!

ETA: Found the form here:

www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/DLG/DLGHome/Documents/Forms/C3A_change_owner.pdf

Edited by jemappelle

The NSW Companion Animal Register (local government owned) is different to Central Animal Records (privately owned I think).

Here are the details for the NSW Companion Animal Register and they can send you the form you need. Bear in mind that this is only a NSW database so the Qld person will have to register the dog up there in whatever database they use.

Division of Local Government

Department of Premier and Cabinet

Locked Bag 3015

NOWRA NSW 2541

Ph: 02 4428-4100

Fax: 02 4428-4199

E-mail: [email protected]

It is also online but I can't find it but will keep looking.

Wouldn't it be lovely to only have one, Australia wide, registry!

ETA: Found the form here:

www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/DLG/DLGHome/Documents/Forms/C3A_change_owner.pdf

Yep - The NSW one you will need to give paperwork to state you are selling the dog as the current owner and have them take that to the council in Queensland.You can download a change of ownership form from the NSW Companion Animals website and fill it out and post it to them to change it into the new owners name as you would have to do if you lived in NSW but the new owner will be where you are - on the NSW registry as the new owner and nowhere else

When I have changed my animals chip details to my name I think there was a fee (about $7 or something) that was just an administrative fee. But I thought the chip transfer form did have the breeders signature on it when I got it (but I could be wrong!).

problem is its different in all states

NSW CAR doesn't charge a change of owner fee - you send in the paperwork on transfer of the dog, and they eventually update it on the database and send the changed entry to the new owner as proof of transfer.

However, if the new owners do not live in NSW, it is a smart move to have the dog listed on their state's database AS WELL - that way if the dog is ever picked up by the local authorities, the dog will be returned to them faster.

T.

Thanks everyone, I 'think' we have it all sorted...

Soooooo badly need an Aus wide m/c database :mad ... Its bloody ridiculous what the new owner and I have gone through to get this sorted. I must have rung 50 different places to get the details i needed, to get forms filled in, frigging spent half of yesterday, and most of this arvo ringing, emailing etc, etc...