French Bulldog Wanted

Hi there,

We were planning on purchasing a French Bulldog but I've just been diagnosed with cancer & can't really afford it anymore.

I really want a dog in my home to help with my treatment as therapy and company. I will be home most of the time and have so much love to give!

We are in Melbourne so if anyone knows of any pups or adult dogs please keep me in mind!

Thanks for your time, I know this isn't always the place for wanted ads especially for such breeds but It's worth a shot! :)

You'll get just as much companionship and love and have far more chance of welcoming a dog into your home in the near future of you look at a variety of dogs and dog breeds.

I hope your treatment is successful and your recovery complete.

I would contact the French Bulldog breeders who are advertised on the main Dogzonline website... And ask them if they are willing to sell you a mature (older) dog.

https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/community/french-bulldog.asp

I would also contact the French Bulldog Clubs of Victoria, NSW and SA (if they have them).

Sending you positive, healing thoughts for your diagnosis :) :hug:

Oh sorry, I should have said... Mature French Bulldogs are still quite expensive. I would talk to the people in the Frenchie thread because they will be able to tell you about health problems as well (which can also be quite expensive).

Take care :)

You'll get just as much companionship and love and have far more chance of welcoming a dog into your home in the near future of you look at a variety of dogs and dog breeds.

I hope your treatment is successful and your recovery complete.

Your right about not being so specific but I've wanted this breed for over 6 years!

It was coming after our wedding, after our honeymoon(which we had to cancel) and once we were settled in Melbourne.

Bad set of circumstances but we really want the breed we have longed for.

Thank you though!

Oh sorry, I should have said... Mature French Bulldogs are still quite expensive. I would talk to the people in the Frenchie thread because they will be able to tell you about health problems as well (which can also be quite expensive).

Thanks for your help!

Im keeping in touch with French Bulldog rescue Melbourne...just wanted to put the word out everywhere!

Thanks for your help!

Im keeping in touch with French Bulldog rescue Melbourne...just wanted to put the word out everywhere!

Oh, good idea! I wish you all the best with it! :)

If you google 'pet rescue French bulldog', any they have on there should show up (gets round not being able to enter a breed!)

At the moment there is Pablo in NSW but it sounds like he needs experienced owners - not saying you aren't but he may not be right for your home.

Good luck with treatment :) Hope you find a buddie to help you through it.

Hi,

Could you please give me a personal email as I think I know of someone wanting to find a home for a young adult and the cost will not be over the top.

I have had Frenchies for 32 years and your choice of the breed is a great one for they are companions first and foremost and if they know that you are poorly they will sit or lay next too you all day.

Please privately PM me.

• 3 weeks later...