Help!

Pjrt

OK I will leave it today with some snaps I took of dogs during the week. This is really the main thing I want to use the camera for, but I am struggling to make the images light enough, what I mean is they seem too dark.

and an out take.... haha!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok....

Those pics are fine :)

LOVE the one in #35 bee & passionflower :D

also adore the "outtake"!! And the ?Bichon? Cute terrier , too ....

More, please ...you do good work .

yes a Bichon with a short trim & looong ears! this is her before shot

and the out take girl looking a little more civilised in her 7# special, as she is moving to Darwin...

These are my favourites but they're probably all wrong for all sorts of reasons! Oh well. Now i am sitting here trying to work out why i just took a bunch of pictures of nothing. Duh! I think I should go and eat something today instead of coffee......

Could you answer this question?

Did you take those fine photos for yourself or for someone else?

Have a small piece of chocolate with that coffee.

Your photos are working.

Trust yourself.

:heart:

I really don't know :grimace:

As one who has almost zero to do with grooming , I find it interesting to see these before & after shots :) thankyou.

So do I!

If you want, you are welcome to bring your camera when we finally manage to meet up for that walk! You can practice taking photos of Polly, she doesn't move that fast! :D

As one who has almost zero to do with grooming , I find it interesting to see these before & after shots :) thankyou.

So do I!

If you want, you are welcome to bring your camera when we finally manage to meet up for that walk! You can practice taking photos of Polly, she doesn't move that fast! :D

Harley i *might* finish at a reasonable hour on Wed/Thur/Frid next week. I will have to check the diary but i reckon I only have a 7pm-er on Tuesday this week.

for anyone interested in my before & after its a bit of a bore but look

here

Well...

The passionfriut flower photos are awesome! Love the bee doing his thing on them... especially as bees are very hard to capture as they are such busy little buggers. Well done!!!

The doggy photos are to die for... especially the "out-take" one... how gorgeous is that photo? I wish I'd taken that one too...

Like I said before... you definitely already have an "eye" for taking a really nice photo... so you are a LONG way there already, OK?

My "method" of photography is to point the camera in the direction of something I find interesting and push the magic clicky button lots of times. Odds are that if I find it interesting, so will other people, yes? Also the odds of getting the photos I'm happy with increase with the number of photos I take of said subject... *grin*

I'm really lazy when it comes to editing too... it bores me to tears really... so lots of practice at pointing the camera at what I find intersting and taking lots of photos usually means I'll get a few that I'm happy with that don't need any editing... and the strike rate of how many photos I'm happy with also increases with the amount of times I get out there and do it.

Funnily enough, the only thing that gets me out of bed most weekends is the fact that I am going out with my camera to my fave places and taking photos of my fave subjects (in my case that is zoo animals). Add to that the fact that I've met a few awesome new friends with the same interest, life just gets better and better...

T.

I just LOVE all your photos & comments on that FB page . I found it a delight to read the little stories about each dog , and see the product of all your work :) To capture interest and tell a story in a few lines of writing - well, that's a talent , IMO ...and the photos show personalities so well!

Thankyou for a nice breakfast read :)

JUst realized I posted this reply in the wrong thread, somehow. Confused a few people in the Coalition thread :laugh:

Try agaian

Hi Skyefool, :wave: from another photography newbie. I have been learning about photography for a few months now and still have so much to learn but the best thing I think I did in the beginning was to borrow a book from the library called Understanding Exposure. Great book. My husband had tried to explain aperture and shutter speed to me so many times but it just didn't sink in until I got the book and saw it written down with example photos and little exercises for you to try and see the different results for yourself :mad

Also I follow a FB page called Digital Photography School and they have some great advice in the there for the beginner right through to advanced.

I hope you enjoy your journey, although I do sympathize with not wanting to go out some days. I do not do as much as I would like, for similar reasons to yourself :grouphug:

Eta pressed post too soon

I love the image of the pug you have captured his/her spirit, you have put emotion into and it's something I could gladly hang on my wall.

We are all critical of our own work and feel we can do better but when it all boils down it doesnt really matter if you have an ordinary shot or a prize winning one what does matter is you are having fun.

How pretty is the grasshopper? NIIICE!

You have an amazing eye there skyefool... I've never been able to take a decent photo of insects at all (I did get a few nice-ish bee shots the other day, but not as nice as your grasshopper)

T.