Found A Lump On Our Boxer

Sorry I have no advice but wanted to wish you good luck at the vets. Keeping everything crossed for you. My Jenna recently had a lump on her face so I know how worrying it is.

Thanks so much. Our SBT x daxi had a lump on his tummy a couple of years ago that was a suspected mast cell tumour but turned out to be ok. Is Jenna alright?

I'm hoping it's an irritated wart or something simple, my gut is telling me it will have to be surgically removed though :cry:

Sorry I have no advice but wanted to wish you good luck at the vets. Keeping everything crossed for you. My Jenna recently had a lump on her face so I know how worrying it is.

Thanks so much. Our SBT x daxi had a lump on his tummy a couple of years ago that was a suspected mast cell tumour but turned out to be ok. Is Jenna alright?

I'm hoping it's an irritated wart or something simple, my gut is telling me it will have to be surgically removed though :cry:

Yes, Dane lover, Jenna was fine. Can't remember what the vet said the lump actually was, something to do with an infection in the hair follicle, but after a lengthy course of antibiotics it all cleared up.

Hope the news is positive for your baby too.

Woah that's pretty cool they let you assist. I used to work as a dog groomer years back and it was adjoined to a vet and at the time I had an interest in being a vet nurse (I was 17) so they let me stand in while they de-sexed a female dog....THAT was cool :) Kinda gross too though haha

Our vet loves our boxer - he had to amputate his tail a couple of years ago due to injury, that would have been an interesting procedure to watch. He's such a sweetie too, will generally try and give us medicine for free or at a cheaper rate :) Wish all vets were like him

Well it was as I expected. It's either a histiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. He's getting surgery on Monday to remove it.

Fingers crossed it is the former rather than the latter. Good luck for Monday.

Did they do a fine needle biopsy Teekay? Our girl had something that looked identical, but the biopsy and subsequent pathology showed histiocytes, and it went away on its own - no surgery necessary. It was so much better than the following surgery for a suspected MCT. The incision was huge, the recovery awkward, and she has been left with a big scar. Thankfully still no MCT, but an expensive and painful experience for all of us.

Hi DaneLover233,

As a Boxer owner and lover of the breed, l agree you should visit the vets just to confirm what you are dealing with. In saying that l would check out this video My link

The lump on your boxer does looks a little like a histiocytoma

I have used this product on my Boxer to treat a hematoma with positive results and we avoided sugery.

Best wishes

Edited by Claudia123