Dog Is Off Target

samoyedman

After 8 years of watching my dog do number 2's on walks, I remain mystified as to why after doing his business he scrapes the grass with his hind legs and the grass goes nowhere near its target?

Half the grass ends up on me.

Does this mean he is faulty and can he be returned under warranty?

Would be awesome if he could cover his poos with grass so I didn't have to pick them up. :)

This is one of Digby's favourite things to do (yeah, he's an exciting kinda guy) but because he is just so very big he can cause pretty massive damage to people's lawns, not to mention my physical wellbeing.

So I decided to train him to do an alternative behaviour (turn and face me), but he still occasionally gets a few kicks in before turning.

This is one of Digby's favourite things to do (yeah, he's an exciting kinda guy) but because he is just so very big he can cause pretty massive damage to people's lawns, not to mention my physical wellbeing.

So I decided to train him to do an alternative behaviour (turn and face me), but he still occasionally gets a few kicks in before turning.

HeeHee!! That gave me such a visual image.

We practised turn & face me in class last night.

Herbie was so not marking, however.

:rofl:

Apparently they have a gland in their feet which releases pheromones. So by kicking and scraping they are spreading the scent the way a big cat scratches a tree.

He is saying I am here :laugh:

I never knew that, I thought Stan was just mighty proud of his effort :laugh:

Edited by HazyWal