Perth Wa - Help With Anxious Pointer Pup

My parents have an English Pointer puppy, she's around 12 months of age and recently desexed. She's from a registered breeder on the east coast.

Mum and Dad work full time but Mum is home from 2:30pm everyday. Morgan goes to doggy daycare once a week and it is working out well for her. They have reported she is fitting in well and she is only ever placed with similar personality dogs.

But the main issue is that Morgan sounds like she has separation anxiety, big time and Mum is looking for a good behaviorist to help her and Morgan. She can be really naughty when she wants to. Food rewards don't work with Morgan, she has never been overly fussed with food.

Mum is really keen to have a professional help them. So can you please suggest a few people Mum can contact? Preferably female as Morgan isn't too keen on males she doesn't know well.

Another one for your list is Kathy Kopellis McLeod, I attended her reactive rover classes with Louis and found her to be an excellent behaviourist :)

http://kathysdogtraining.com.au/index.php

I would second this. I called Kathy to discuss having her help me with some issues that concerned me when Ronin was around 12 weeks, she was very very friendly and basically said that I didn't really need her kind of help and it was all pretty normal puppy stuff and recommended a good trainer. She also sent me a pdf of one of her books on dominance myths. Pretty great service when you consider I am not even a client.

I can also recommend Kerry Clapton, she is our trainer and is really great. http://kerrysdogtraining.com she does home consults at reasonable prices and will be able to give you heaps of advice and tips.

• 2 weeks later...