Is This For Real .. Or A Scam?

I guess it's a breach of customs law to import them.

And a breach of most state laws to breed them - so that would be state police or council.

Really should not look at gumtree

there's a litter of newfoundland puppies give away in "Sutherland area > Gymea "

With an address posted. ARGGGHHH

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Didn't we have a long thread where somebody was trying to buy a puppy off a scammer... and the scammer - it being the dredded G-T site... said they were in the same city - to start with (think it was Adelaide) and then said they (and the puppy) were "temporarily" somewhere else like "Griffith" and the would be buyer was posting here so someone here who lives in Griffith said they'd go check it out, and then the seller-scammer said the puppy was somewhere else... eventually said the puppy was in South Africa...

and that killed the deal because it's not worth importing (if it's even possible) from there. Not quite the same as a puppy in the same town.

The person who started the thread didn't lose any money tho.

But there is something known as the "Advance fee fraud" where you pay a small fee for shipping and that doesn't work out so you pay a bigger fee to get the puppy out of jail or hospital or whatever... and the fees get bigger and bigger and the excuses get grander...

and people get sucked in because they've made an investment (cash and time and emotion) and they want the product... they don't want to cut their losses and run.

It's not just puppies, it's all sorts.

I don't think the newfies were scam puppies but I could be wrong. They also steal other people's pictures from breeder websites etc to make their scam ads... happens a lot with scuba equipment - the really expensive stuff like "rebreathers". Except the scuba community - especially the guys who use that stuff is so tiny they usually recognise the photo off their own personal or friend's website...

I work for a pet transport company and so many people come through saying 'person x has sent my pup/cat/bird through you and I've paid and where do I go to collect?' When no such booking exists. It's preying on the vulnerable and its scummy.

I work for a pet transport company and so many people come through saying 'person x has sent my pup/cat/bird through you and I've paid and where do I go to collect?' When no such booking exists. It's preying on the vulnerable and its scummy.

That seriously happens? Wow.