Waste Pick-up Bag For Dogs

ka89

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a large dog so need something sturdier lol!

I use these - http://www.dogwastebags.com.au but can't remember if this is the exact store.

Last time I went in with someone else and split the order. I've been using the roll forever - just pull off a couple and tie them on the lead. Also use for yard pick up.

I've just ordered these bags in preparation for a second dog; i'll be getting the dispenser at some point too. Currently my rolls of dog poop bags are hanging on a roll dispenser than i fashioned out of a wire coat hanger from a dry cleaner! laugh.gif

I use these - http://www.dogwastebags.com.au but can't remember if this is the exact store.

According to their website, the bags are 40cm long...that's a big bag! It's not a bad price for 600 bags, they should last a few days (Casper's nickname isn't "Poo Bear" for nothing :( )

I use these bags and they're great- lots more room in them than most of the other brands we've tried and they feel more sturdy (I've put my fingernails through cheaper bags and I can tell you, it's not a pleasant feeling). I really wanted the matching dispenser but was outvoted because apparently our house already looks too "crazy dog people".

We have several dogs so it definitely works out being heaps cheaper than anything else I could find.

next month flushable ones are being released, a 40 pack will be $7.50-7.95

post-23033-0-43190500-1406267994_thumb.jpg

It depends how environmentally aware that you are

I just thought I'd mention be wary of these especially if you live in an older house. I had to have a plumber out yesterday as a result of "flushable" kitty litter. My house is 100 odd years old and the plumber mentioned every time he sees an advertisement for something "flushable" he sees $$$ as they're often not as flushable as they should be. That goes for flushable wipes, kitty litter, and no doubt these bags. He said some people *may* get away with them in a brand new house with brand new pipes but it's always a gamble.

I try to be as responsible as possible so I use degradable bags at home (literally the ones you put in compost and they've disappeared by the end of the week) but in public I just use the cheap black ones from the shops :)

I have a large dog so need something sturdier lol! I use these - http://www.dogwastebags.com.au but can't remember if this is the exact store. Last time I went in with someone else and split the order. I've been using the roll forever - just pull off a couple and tie them on the lead. Also use for yard pick up.
I've just ordered these bags in preparation for a second dog; i'll be getting the dispenser at some point too. Currently my rolls of dog poop bags are hanging on a roll dispenser than i fashioned out of a wire coat hanger from a dry cleaner!
The order arrived this morning: they don't muck around!!! they are the same size as the ones i use on my 'home fashioned' outdoor hanger so that makes it easy :) I think I'll get the metal dispenser at some stage. a8a7u5eh.jpg Edited by suziwong66

I pay nearly $3000 in Council rates, so I'm going to take as many poo bags from the parks as I want! The bag dispensers are rarely empty so obviously our council is more organised than some. Reject Shop bags are paper thin. Likewise supermarket bags these days, even if they're not torn. I'm sure the council WANTS people to take them and pick up after their dogs. That's what they're for. It's not like I'm re-selling them on ebay!!