Greyhound Puppy Issues..

caron

This might sound silly but I also feel she is getting annoyed that I put her on lead and take her to the toilet area. She puts on the breaks and just sits there.Thanks for the advise. I appreciate your time:)

All my pup are taught to toilet onlead because there showdogs & its important when im away .

If she is getting annoyed at this method i would go back to it being all about her ,letting her be the big girl going to the spot you want & making her stay there until done .

You don't want her to resent her lead as sighthounds can be cows on leads so fostering i love the lead & all things that happen on it are important plus she knows the routine lead ,toilet put breaks on because a fun game that someone needs to win & at this age toilet training success & allowing her to tell you & making her think she is wonderful by going to the door is the big deal.

you need to lead train Lola first before using it to take her to a toilet spot. I just run my pups outside, no lead, speaking in a high pitched voice letting them know this it the best thing ever! Only time I ever used a lead was for the Princess who doesn't do rain. At nearly 9 she still doesn't do rain but we also don't need a lead

Thanks guys. She defiantly does lots of fun things on lead. Just after I posted this I noticed a puddle by the door so that's a good sign I think. She must have gone there to go out and silly me didn't notice. Last two toilet trips have gone well. So we're getting there...

Edited by caron

1409908716[/url]' post='6557070']

you need to lead train Lola first before using it to take her to a toilet spot. I just run my pups outside, no lead, speaking in a high pitched voice letting them know this it the best thing ever! Only time I ever used a lead was for the Princess who doesn't do rain. At nearly 9 she still doesn't do rain but we also don't need a lead

Haha That's hilarious.