Whale Watching Perth

CrazyCresties

We went out whale watching this morning out of Fremantle port as it's the start of the Humpback migration season. The conditions were perfect and we were fortunate to have several sighting and lots of activity, with tail and fin slapping and breaching from mothers and calves - it was a fantastic trip :D

A few pics - some aren't the best of focus, but I was just happy to catch breaching!

Full set here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsk3eMEWC

15099843190_4d0d8bf26a_c.jpg

15100002538_5129e446b4_c.jpg

15100021387_a2953a9427_c.jpg

15286185502_f30639e364_c.jpg

15263570066_374711f140_c.jpg

15099888260_65ee171abe_c.jpg

15286623125_748f421aef_c.jpg

Looks like you had a lovely day for it... wicked photos too!

I went whale watching on the June long weekend here in Sydney, and it was a yukky day with a huge swell. It was all we could do to hold on, let alone take photos... lol! I was just happy I got some that were in focus... errr!

T.

oh wow, super photos CC.

Thanks WeiB :)

I bet all those houses have telescopes set up. Whale watching for free, how lucky are they!

It was about 20kms offshore - I think the lens compression makes the mainland seem closer. It would have to be a millpond to spot anything from shore I think as the slightest swell would obscure the whales.

The season lasts till late November, I'm itching to go out again already :laugh:

Great, I'll do this from Hillarys as it's just up the road :)

I went in a friends boat around Fraser Island a few years ago and the whales were everywhere. We could see them on the sonar right underneath us, and they were poling their heads out only meters away. It was scary with them so close (fear of them tipping the boat), but also very surreal and beautiful.