Fox Terrier

Skinni

Firstly HI my name is Phil and I am from VIC,

I am trying to get hold of a Fox Terrier pup for my family and have been looking for months with no luck, I want to get something in vic and would take something up to 6 months old it must be purebred and I would prefer to see the parents or for it to have papers.

The closest I have found is NSW and QLD but I am reluctant to purchase from just a pic as I am not much of a gambling man.

If anyone knows of someone that has pups available or coming soon could they please let me know.

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil

Looking at the DOL listings it does seem as if there is a drought of young Fox Terriers in Vic just now.

I would suggest contacting breeders listed in Vic as they may have litters about to be born, planned, or know of available dogs from other breeders.

Here are links to breedr listings for Fox Terrier Smooth, Fox Terrier Wire and I have included the Tenterfield Terrier as well in case you were thinking of a 'mini foxy'

Smooth

Wire

Tenterfield

Wire or Smooth?

Both breed types aren't what I'd call 'overly popular' so you might have to get in contact with a few VIC breeders and be put on a waiting list. If you go to the main DOL page and do a breeder search for FT breeders in VIC only and start there.

Thanks should have said smooth in my post.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Looking at the DOL listings it does seem as if there is a drought of young Fox Terriers in Vic just now.

I would suggest contacting breeders listed in Vic as they may have litters about to be born, planned, or know of available dogs from other breeders.

Here are links to breedr listings for Fox Terrier Smooth, Fox Terrier Wire and I have included the Tenterfield Terrier as well in case you were thinking of a 'mini foxy'

Smooth

Wire

Tenterfield

Thank you.

Regards

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

There is Banjo here on the PAWS site http://www.paws.com.au/

he is 8 years old

does that really matter?

At least Banjo has lived in a home and been trained already, so much is known about him too. He is good with other dogs which some standards aren't. Photos aren't great but he's a purebred so well worth considering - he's full of life and energy, these dogs are like it until the end.

There is Banjo here on the PAWS site http://www.paws.com.au/

he is 8 years old

does that really matter?

At least Banjo has lived in a home and been trained already, so much is known about him too. He is good with other dogs which some standards aren't. Photos aren't great but he's a purebred so well worth considering - he's full of life and energy, these dogs are like it until the end.

When did they become 'Standard'? I thought they were Fox Terrier (Smooth) or Fox Terrier (Wire).

I'm not 100% sure but when there was a boom a few decades back on the 'mini foxy' I think people used the word standard to differentiate. I still have to argue it out when people try to tell me their small smooth coat white patched dog is a 'foxie' when it is a cross breed. The very same people wouldn't actually know what a Fox Terrier looked like if it bit them on the arse.