Roo Mince On The Mornington Peninsula

HazyWal

Just wondering where on or near the Mornington Peninsula Vic I can find decent quality roo and chicken mince for my greyhounds. Stan does best on roo and Maddie has always had the chicken mince made from minced frames. I'm buying beef mince from the supermarket at the moment which is fine but I'd like to find a supplier where I can buy in bulk. Stuff like chicken wings and lamb flaps would be handy too.

TIA :)

it's a 30 min drive in good traffic but seeing as its basically a shop for greyhounds i'm guessing you've tried

http://www.porkyspetfood.com.au/

i'm getting my roo meat from http://prioritypets.com.au/ out in dandenong, the quality has seemed decent

edit: porkys deliver to mornington peninsular, free delivery for orders over $30, they also have a shop in seaford

Edited by sunny1shine

Thank you so much that's brilliant :thumbsup:

I used to drive 40 minutes, longer in traffic for my mince back home but as I have a freezer for bulk it was only once every two months.

ETA I haven't tried anywhere as I only moved down here from north of Sydney a week ago so didn't have a clue where to look.

Edited by HazyWal

Come one, come all. Awesome place for dog owners!! :D

There is also Backmans in Seaford. We used to get whole rabbits there, but I'm not sure they still have them :( They stock fresh meat etc.

There is a wholesale butchers in Rosebud that do heaps of lambs necks and other meats and bones.

A great dog pool and groomer in Rosebud also.

I also know of a wonderful secret place to safely run your dogs if you want to know more :whisper:

Thanks Starkehre!

Don't need a groomer as I have my own hydrobath and I only use that one a year now I've got the greys.

Thanks for all the food recs, I'm going to do some driving around this week and check them out :thumbsup:

I never let mine offlead but I did go for a lovely walk along the foreshore yesterday along the bay trail from the lighthouse at McCrae back towards Rosebud. I went up one of the access points to the beach and I was blown away, not a soul to be seen as far as the eye could see. It was so beautiful :)

Come one, come all. Awesome place for dog owners!! :D

There is also Backmans in Seaford. We used to get whole rabbits there, but I'm not sure they still have them :( They stock fresh meat etc.

There is a wholesale butchers in Rosebud that do heaps of lambs necks and other meats and bones.

A great dog pool and groomer in Rosebud also.

I also know of a wonderful secret place to safely run your dogs if you want to know more :whisper:

I'm trawling through Domain.com.au :laugh: :laugh: