Registration Papers

Birgitbee

name='Yonjuro' timestamp='1417925361' post='6606791']I received mine a few days before my puppy flew over to me :) Ronin arrived to me on 2/1/14 so paper work can be done in a timely fashion over the silly season and our breeder wanted to make sure there were no hold ups during this busy period. We also received a full on puppy pack with a thick folder containing sire and dam health tests, puppy vaccs and worming schedule, family history and photos. Plus heaps of advice. There were also two dog toys, a collar and the next worming tablet :thumbsup:I guess this an extreme end of the positive scale

No it isn't .

Chances are the breeder like many does not microchip at an early age ,until pups are microchipped they can't be registered .We don't do our puppies until 8 weeks & then paperwork is submitted pups have gone before paperwork comes back unless we decide to do fast track (same day) but we only do that in extreme cases .Your wait hasn't been long but in all fairness it is better to ask the breeder than them read it on forums .

erm, okay, well I thought it was pretty great. Mine was microchipped at 6 weeks along with a full vet check. I said it was at one end of the scale, not something I would expect as the norm.

It is the norm many breeders do not microchip & vacc at 6 weeks ,its important when given info out to not make out some are bad.

Your breeder is no more special than any others ,they are just as normal except they chip early there choice ,we don't do our small breeds early & for many breeds once chipped breeders will also do the DNA testing & wait for results before deciding which registry there on ,

We ourselves do not resiter the pups until we are happy with who goes on main or limited ,some breeders just stick all pups on one without a second thought each to there own

We also don't register until 8-9 weeks... They have their vet check at this time and receive a microchip... then they stay here for 5-7 days before going to their homes... with puppy pack and a 5 generation pedigree and contract. Paperwork is into Dogs Vic once they have microchip and Dogs Vic take 2-3 weeks..... Pups are all registered and microchipping in my name and then papers sent off to owners... So perhaps a month before owners have their official papers.

I have met some owners who still haven't got paperwork 12-15 months later.... shocking...

• 3 weeks later...

I started this post and thought I would up date. Our puppy is now 12 weeks old and had been with us for 4 weeks. No papers. I contacted the breeder yesterday and they said because of christmas they haven't had time and will do so soon. The dog we have was microchipped at 6 weeks. Do they have to register these puppies? If the don't is there anything we can do?

I started this post and thought I would up date. Our puppy is now 12 weeks old and had been with us for 4 weeks. No papers. I contacted the breeder yesterday and they said because of christmas they haven't had time and will do so soon. The dog we have was microchipped at 6 weeks. Do they have to register these puppies? If the don't is there anything we can do?

Yes they have to register the puppies and they have 6 months to do it . Dogs NSW is closed until next week so you still have a bit of a wait.

Just out of curiousity Bridgetbee, do you now have your papers ?

Like Allerzeit we sometimes have our papers come through late, we currently have a litter that is three months old, but due to making decisions on which ones were staying and which ones would be sold at an older age, we have struck the Christmas/New Year shut down. This was explained to our puppy homes, and with the exception of one everyone has been ok about it.

I can understand their frustration because like us it is a show home and we can't do entries, but unfortunately if you want to ensure that you are getting the pick at that age from the litter, sometimes it takes time.

Like Allerzeit we sometimes have our papers come through late, we currently have a litter that is three months old, but due to making decisions on which ones were staying and which ones would be sold at an older age, we have struck the Christmas/New Year shut down. This was explained to our puppy homes, and with the exception of one everyone has been ok about it.

I can understand their frustration because like us it is a show home and we can't do entries, but unfortunately if you want to ensure that you are getting the pick at that age from the litter, sometimes it takes time.

Completely OT but you can't post for the first time on DOL with a name like dallymumma and expect to get away with no photos…. :D

1419922371[/url]' post='6619866']

No I don't have them as yet. I contacted the breeder and she said christmas held them up and they were going to get on to it soon. Our puppy was born on 6/10/15 and weeks, he is just over 12 weeks old now.

No I don't have them as yet. I contacted the breeder and she said christmas held them up and they were going to get on to it soon. Our puppy was born on 6/10/15 and weeks, he is just over 12 weeks old now.

I usually don't decide on homes until 8 weeks of age so rego is often not sent in until then. I would not be worried yet.