Crufts 2015 Dog Poisoning

Lhok

My comment was not a generalisation, I was speaking only of my own experience. Like it or not, that is what happened.

Of course most show people are dog lovers, as are most pet owners who choose have dogs. I am a pet owner but I don't claim to be an all encompassing animal lover. There are some animals I would not choose to own under any circumstances.

Sure some breeders are no longer on

I think it has become a bit heated. HW sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intention. Of course there are lovely ppl who show their dogs, I know many of them and their beautiful dogs. I only looked at the first page and commented on a comment I agreed with. Sorry if I upset you :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the dog was poisoned probably after it got home.

So now they have more investigating to do... when was the food prepared, which country...

And there's no more info about other dogs - ie Crufts doesn't know anything...

There's a few reasons dogs around here get poisoned - rat or snail killer gets into their yard by rat/bird/angry neighbour and they eat it. And I've heard of dogs eating drug dealer's stashes in the park... not good.

Goodness Lhok, no need to apologise for posting a news item about dogs on a dog forum. I am one who thanks you for making us aware of this.

When we have to apologise for posting an item of news about dogs on a dog forum or holding an opinion about it and it subsequently takes off in a different direction then there is something very wrong going on.

Anyone who abuses their pet is a scumbag and that includes the person, presumably a show person, who was beating up on their dog in the car park following a show at Crufts.

Nope, not a show person actually. Obedience trialler.

I see no need to apologise for an opinion. I also didn't see anybody writing off everyone who shows dogs. There are good and bad people in all kinds of hobbies. For goodness sake calm down.

It's also uncalled for to trash other people's opinions and experiences just because you've been involved for longer/have more experience.

Edited by Dame Aussie

Same goes. They should know better. Anyone who beats up on their dog should be charged with animal cruelty.

Poor dog :cry:

Well the alternative view on that one is that there was no punching or beating up at all, just someone trying to restrain an unleashed and excited dog in a busy carpark and get a slip lead on it before it got hit by a vehicle. And it was several years ago. Looking at the photos I can believe it, but with so many made up stories being 'reported' I wouldn't presume anything. Either way .

1426644473[/url]' post='6664992']
1426633740[/url]' post='6664913']
1426590966[/url]' post='6664816']

Same goes. They should know better. Anyone who beats up on their dog should be charged with animal cruelty.

Poor dog :cry:

Well the alternative view on that one is that there was no punching or beating up at all, just someone trying to restrain an unleashed and excited dog in a busy carpark and get a slip lead on it before it got hit by a vehicle. And it was several years ago. Looking at the photos I can believe it, but with so many made up stories being 'reported' I wouldn't presume anything. Either way .

The only article I saw on this looked like a guy holding back a lunging dog. shrug.gifThere will always be two sides of the story, the truth is normally somewhere in between.