Wa Husky Rescue Day Today

Yonjuro

Just fabulous! Both of them!! And look at the size of those paws!!! :laugh: Compared to my ('cough') delicate westies they are humungous!! :laugh:

Thanks Westiemum :) Yep, he is a big boy for sure... and tastes pretty good apparently :laugh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh crap (although good for Apache), sorry - he was still available when I saw him :(

I'll let you know when we do have Huskys/mals in, as they do need to go to knowledge owners.

Maybe Apaches new owner will join the club?

Hey tibbie_tabbie, do you work for the refuge? I saw on their FB that they rehomed a corgi this week but I never saw her/him go on the website. Do you know the story with that one? We have fostered corgis for them before and asked to be notified if any come in needing foster and so I can spread the word among corgi people but they never do so I just stalk the website instead.

Yonjuro, as others have said, $1,500 raised is fantastic. And it isn't about just the money - it is about raising awareness and education. You probably did this, but if you didn't, for the next time, plan on having flyers to hand out and cork boards/sandwich boards pinned with information sheets and flyers about the dogs available for adoption. And don't be afraid to stand up with a mike and spruik. :o:o I used to bury all my inhibitions and shyness at doggy days.

Thanks DDD, I will definitely take note of all the suggestions and try and make it bigger and better next year :) Easter weekend may not have been the best time but at the end of the day there is some money there to save a dog or two :)

FullSizeRender%204_zpszzgmdt5a.jpg

I would like to place an Adoption bid for this fine specimen please..... he can bring the hooman foot too.

:rofl: :rofl:

Ahahahaha :laugh: THanks VM! :thumbsup: We did have a nice Nanna nap after the event

Oh crap (although good for Apache), sorry - he was still available when I saw him :(

I'll let you know when we do have Huskys/mals in, as they do need to go to knowledge owners.

Hey tibbie_tabbie, do you work for the refuge? I saw on their FB that they rehomed a corgi this week but I never saw her/him go on the website. Do you know the story with that one? We have fostered corgis for them before and asked to be notified if any come in needing foster and so I can spread the word among corgi people but they never do so I just stalk the website instead.

Hi Mim, I just vollie there on weekends, walking the dogs and sometimes training new vollies. I didnt see or hear about a corgi, but it may have been a case of the dog only being there a few hours - we had a massive week and weekend with 34 (much needed!) adoptions!

It may be worth emailing the foster coordinator, in case personnel have changed and messages not been passed on. So many dogs come in and out not all of them make it onto the website or facebook, especially the easier ones to rehome - no time to photo or write up before they are already home.

I saw on fb there was a corgi meet up this weekend, did you know about it? ????

Y are you kidding??!! :) $1500 in a couple of hours is fabulous! And what's more with further refinement you'll do even better next year!!

Thanks Westiemum :)

And heres a couple of picture of my two crazy kids from this morning for ya :D

IMG_0754%20copy_zps6spbw0lo.jpg

IMG_0753%20copy_zpsxn0dkrk8.jpg

Co-grooming?! ????

Hi Mim, I just vollie there on weekends, walking the dogs and sometimes training new vollies. I didnt see or hear about a corgi, but it may have been a case of the dog only being there a few hours - we had a massive week and weekend with 34 (much needed!) adoptions!

It may be worth emailing the foster coordinator, in case personnel have changed and messages not been passed on. So many dogs come in and out not all of them make it onto the website or facebook, especially the easier ones to rehome - no time to photo or write up before they are already home.

I saw on fb there was a corgi meet up this weekend, did you know about it? ????

Good to know, thanks TT! Yeah we were at the meet :)

Y are you kidding??!! :) $1500 in a couple of hours is fabulous! And what's more with further refinement you'll do even better next year!!

You cannot post a photo like this without any explanation! :laugh:

You cannot post a photo like this without any explanation! :laugh:

Unfortunately I have no explanation for the crazy things they do :laugh: I suppose being my kids probably explains a lot though :D

1428391444[/url]' post='6675195']
1428308439[/url]' post='6674794']

FullSizeRender%204_zpszzgmdt5a.jpg

I would like to place an Adoption bid for this fine specimen please..... he can bring the hooman foot too.

:rofl: :rofl:

Oi oi oi VM - get in line - I've already staked my claim for the bootiful Ronin!! No other huski will do!!! rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

[

Oi oi oi VM - get in line - I've already staked my claim for the bootiful Ronin!! No other huski will do!!! rofl1.gifrofl1.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It is so lovely to read comment like this - Thanks Westiemum :thumbsup:

Just too cute .. Does he listen to your daughter or follow her around .. Or more independent ?

Just too cute .. Does he listen to your daughter or follow her around .. Or more independent ?

Thanks happypaws , a bit of both really... they are quite an independent breed, but when we go to the park and things start to go a bit crazy, he will come and stand in front of her or beside her to protect her - which is highly unusual for a Husky :)

At home they will take turns in shadowing and annoying each other :laugh:

Thanks happypaws , a bit of both really... they are quite an independent breed, but when we go to the park and things start to go a bit crazy, he will come and stand in front of her or beside her to protect her - which is highly unusual for a Husky :)

Hmm was curious as didn't take the breed as a kids dog ( as in follow them pretty much anywhere ) ... But good boy for standing next to her at crazy hour at the park !! He is definitely a lovely boy .

Hmm was curious as didn't take the breed as a kids dog ( as in follow them pretty much anywhere ) ... But good boy for standing next to her at crazy hour at the park !! He is definitely a lovely boy .

Thanks Happypaws :) :) Huskies are generally great with kids, robust enough to not get knocked around and they love people in general and especially their family :) But as a young puppy they are generally not the ball of fluff to cuddle for a long time or fall asleep in your lap. They are full on and the mouthing is not fun when very young so they are not for the unsuspecting or faint-of-heart LOL

Sadly there is a very young puppy in a rescue for not being the quiet cute cuddly puppy kids dream of :( The kid was scared of him :( :( :( Said puppy will either be rehomed this week or with a bit of luck the first people that booked a home visit say no, and my friend who is a husky person can apply to give him his deserved forever home :)

......... and my friend who is a husky person can apply to give him his deserved forever home :)

Oh no! Tell you friend not to hold back and get his name in now, just to be on the safe side. If the pound knows there is a knowledgeable person in the wings, they may persuade the other people to look at another more suitable dog.