Sleep Well Beautiful Girl

Rayhay

Rest in peace Greta "PuppyGirl" Ashfield.

our beautiful Greta passed away peacefully in our arms at 11.45 on 6 July 2015 after a short illness with Cancer.

My best friend, my angel, my beautiful sweet heart. You came to us 7 years and 3 months ago, I remember holding you briefly when you were only a wee little thing in the palm of my hand, I said "hello gorgeous" and quickly passed you to Paul and said "here hold this" and he didn't let you go. After a few more visits with you, it was finally time to take you home, the sweet little girl with the yellow ribbon, simply named "Yellow". The car ride home, you held on to my shoulder and nuzzled my hair, slightly afraid but happy to hold on to me. As you grew, you were very confident, playful, serious, content, silly, stubborn, but one big happy girl with a big heart. We all adored each other from the get go, so much love, so much fun, so many wonderful memories.

As I struggle to find the words that best explain how wonderful you are, I find I need to keep catching my breath, as I am in absolute shock that you are no longer here with me, our hearts are broken tonight and cannot even begin to imagine it to repair, you were my rock, my baby, my gorgeous puppy girl and the above words don't even begin to explain all that you are, and all that you were to us. I can't seem to do justice nor put into words just how precious and special you are. I love you to the moon and back a billion times over.

When the vets gave us the terrible news and said "there's nothing we can do, just take her home and love and care for her until the time comes" I really had to ponder this, because I cannot take her home and love and care for her more, you see, my cup runneth over and flood the ground she walked upon with love and care, she already had it all, all of me and then some to the moon and stars and back again a billion times over and more. I will miss our "kisses for Mummy" or "kisses for Poppy" or any of the other myriad of conversations we had together, she had a big vocabulary, we could say any words and she was onto us constantly. I could ask her questions and she would respond in her usual ways. She was really something special, she was a special girl, she taught us so much, especially about the breed, and most importantly about herself. I don't know how we will go on without you Greta, there is a gaping hole in our family and in our heart. Devastated is not even the right word, it's beyond that, with great love, comes great loss.....and tonight I am very lost. I love you my beautiful girl, sleep well, Mummy and Poppy love you always and ever. Rest in Peace.

post-53618-0-68751400-1437046802_thumb.jpg

I just miss her so much :cry:

We have had her ashes returned to us in a beautiful wooden carved box, but this just makes me feel numb.

I would have walked through fire for her.

She was simply the best friend and family member anyone could ever have hoped for and more.

I will always hold her close in my heart.

One day the pain wont be so bad, it's been 10 days since we lost her, and I cry every day. I hope wherever she is, she is pain free, able to run and knows how loved she is.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry you have to go through this Ray. Rest assured, we on DOL understand exactly how you are feeling right now, just the emotional title of you post told us that.

The emptiness and sadness will remain for a long time, and I know after a time some of your aquaintenances will not understand why you "are still grieving", but never us on this forum. Grieve as long,as hard and loud, and in whichever way feels best to you, there is no set way, or time. I surrounded myself with photo's and wrote down everything I felt and all that I remembered, I was terrified of forgetting my boy, but three years later, sometimes I just dissolve in uncontollable tears, and then wallow in the memories for a time, and still recall random things about Tip that I also write down. What I can tell you is slowly the happy memories start to sneak into your brain, and one day you will think of Greta and smile about her life, rather than cry about her passing.

She was loved above all else, and she passed away in the place that she loved above all else, in the arms of her family, as she deserved.

Keep posting about your girl, it really does help. We are there in this virtual way for you.

Hugs to you and your family at this incredibly sad time

Di

Thank you everyone, even when I read back over my own words, the tears they fall.

I have had pets before, but none like her, we were very close and gee it's a big hard loss. Hard to lose your heart and soul furry person.

We have another Rotty in Samantha, she is helping me get through this very difficult time, she and Greta were great mates, Samantha is only 2 years old, so still has much to learn, but she is fast becoming my rock. She licks away my tears and cuddles me lots.

I am so thankful I have her to help ease the grief.

Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Two months today :cry:

So long since I have seen her beautiful face, stroked her fur, given her kisses and doted on her. My beautiful baby. Forever in my thoughts, always in my heart, never far from me.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I am doing a little better, but the tears are never far when I think of her.

Ray

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Greta,

My darling girl, the months may go by, even the years, but not a day will pass me by that I don't think of you my beautiful girl.

You brought so much into our lives, there is a giant empty hole left where your gorgeous face used to light us up. They say time heals... I am still waiting.

So very loved, so very missed, you were just my little girl. So sad that you only get a short time on earth, but the memories left behind are treasured every day.

Mummy loves you. :cry:

• 1 month later...