Fast Foster Home Needed For Elderly Chi

westiemum

Mrs RB I met that naughty dog briefly tonight - she was in a crate - and quick frankly it has disaster written all over it sadly. Anyway, not a lot I can do - the owner quite frankly fell in love with the wrong dog and out of love with the right one. Anyway we're all off to bed here - hoping for a fairly peaceful night - at in typical DOL fashion at least he's wee'd and poo'd before bed!! thumbsup1.gif

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done all,

A bit surprised at the judgment - I have seen experienced rescuers on this forum recommending someone give up a dog if one is attacking the other. You can't rehome the aggressive one - so you can only rehome the dog without the issues. Maybe she was happy because she was relieved that her chi would no longer be attacked and she knew he was going to be well looked after.

A huge sigh of relief from Mooch City, Westiemum. Finding it hard to forgive a failed fone, though :mad :mad :laugh: :laugh:

That's wonderful to hear he's safe and sound although incredibly sad and infuriating that his owner was so willing to get rid of him. I hope he sleeps well tonight and look forward to seeing the photos and hearing how he goes on the next stage of his journey. :)

He will probably have the best sleep for a long time; he will know he is safe, warm, loved and in a deeply caring and understanding home.

Hi all,

I put Zac in his own bed next to mine last night (the westies sleep on my bed) after a mega bed-time backyard weeing and pooing expedition!!! laugh.gif You should have seen it!!! Anyway this resilient little man stayed in his bed all night without a peep. He ate his breakfast this morning, then a wee and separated from the westies for the day just to be safe.

He's doing well with my westies and I'll see how we all go tonight. But I want to try him with some other bigger dogs to see how he goes just to be sure given both re-homing options have other dogs. My gut is telling me he's been a bit of a 'home' dog and hasn't been out much, except perhaps to the vet. So a walk to the local park might be on the cards tonight when a friend drops by and can give me a hand.

And yes DD I'll post photos!!! laugh.gif

1441848122[/url]' post='6740780']

Well done all,

A bit surprised at the judgment - I have seen experienced rescuers on this forum recommending someone give up a dog if one is attacking the other. You can't rehome the aggressive one - so you can only rehome the dog without the issues. Maybe she was happy because she was relieved that her chi would no longer be attacked and she knew he was going to be well looked after.

Megan you're too nice!! I went with an open mind last night and was absolutely overtly non- judgemental while it was apparent his former owner is a bit of smiling assassin. Whoever said earlier (you'll get 'oh I love him' was completely correctt. Juice? ) She also said she was concerned that he would be loved as much as she loves him - but not enough to keep him and find a solution. I have absolutely no doubt he would have gone down if my friend hadn't stepped in and asked for my help. I think it was the fact that on departure it was the visitors from Sydney who were staying with the owner who were in tears and not the owner that to me said everything. Not one tear for this little man who shared her life for 12 years. I genuinely don't get it.

Anyway, I absolutely understand where you are coming from - just don't think it was the case here. smile.gif

i think those who see it often know the reality, as hard as it is to accept.

I stood in BP a few weeks ago and watched a lady come in with her 11 year old tiny little dog to surrender it, whilst her daughter went out to the kennels to look for a new one. :mad ( it was terminally ill, and needed to be pts , not surrendered to spend its last moments alone and scared, but its cheaper than paying for the green dream. she told me she loved it too)

Edited by juice

i think those who see it often know the reality, as hard as it is to accept.

I stood in BP a few weeks ago and watched a lady come in with her 11 year old tiny little dog to surrender it, whilst her daughter went out to the kennels to look for a new one. :mad ( it was terminally ill, and needed to be pts , not surrendered to spend its last moments alone and scared, but its cheaper than paying for the green dream. she told me she loved it too)

Oh god, that is horrible. I wish I’d been there. I would have taken the little dog. :cry: :cry: :cry:

And a couple more - one with my pillow princess which shows what an adaptable little man he is... I'm sure you can tell this is going to be very hard letting him go... I'm going to keep him for a couple of days as I really want to try him at the park and with a bigger dog or two... and then go from there. My life gets insanely busy in the morning and I won't come up for air until Sunday afternoon... so that will give me a few days to get to know him a bit better...

post-11746-0-56130600-1441887013_thumb.jpg post-11746-0-53313900-1441887015_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum