Brave Little Girl Thalia Standley Tells How Dog Ate Her Arm

DakotaJ

The story is not making sense compared to the original story and pics.

I'm guessing the dog is still alive because the media is not giving is all the true facts and I'm assuming it wasn't found to be a risk, somehow I think there is a bit more to the story.

Totally agree with this. My first thoughts after the initial report were that the dog saw something moving at the fence and grabbed it. Still stand by this theory. It was something out of the ordinary for the dog and just latched on. I notice the family of the little girl are calling for people to pay attention to their fencing, they're not calling for the dog in question to be PTS (not that I've read anywhere anyway), which is absolutely reasonable. But seeing the picture of little Thalia, really hits home how much her life has changed forever. It's now putting a face to this horrific story.

It is odd that the dog hasn't been PTS, but there is something missing from the story.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story is not making sense compared to the original story and pics.

I'm guessing the dog is still alive because the media is not giving is all the true facts and I'm assuming it wasn't found to be a risk, somehow I think there is a bit more to the story.

Totally agree with this. My first thoughts after the initial report were that the dog saw something moving at the fence and grabbed it. Still stand by this theory. It was something out of the ordinary for the dog and just latched on. I notice the family of the little girl are calling for people to pay attention to their fencing, they're not calling for the dog in question to be PTS (not that I've read anywhere anyway), which is absolutely reasonable. But seeing the picture of little Thalia, really hits home how much her life has changed forever. It's now putting a face to this horrific story.

It is odd that the dog hasn't been PTS, but there is something missing from the story.

agree .The two stories do not mesh well .

HERE is the original story ... and the line <<<

<said the girl was on the street, playing in a cul de sac with other children when she put her arm underneath a fence to pat one of the three Alaskan Malamutes who lived there.One of dogs then bit the girl, leaving her with severe injuries.

If it were my dogs ..and the above is true ... they would all still be alive . An eight yr old arm is small . ONE good bite would be more than enough to cause severe damage

r0_0_5118_3230_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Can we please stop ganging up on new members who have different opinions?

I'm really surprised (though maybe I shouldn't be, this is DOL) at the personal attacks, if you don't want to read/see someone's posts, use the ignore function.

Of course a Rotty is going to be more of a worry than a Cav, simply because of their strength/weight when it comes to fences.

End of rant :D