What's Your Favorite Command / Trick?

Scottsmum

Oh .. 'pick it up !' :) Saves me bending down to pick up socks, etc ...

Ha! We often joke we wish Scottie was useful!

he is :) bedwarmer /fly catcher/smile maker...

He's terribke at catching flies! lucky he's beautiful :)

Edited by Scottsmum

I guess the most popular trick she's got is "pretty" aka beg...

Followed by shake hands - tho she's a bit rough, whack hands... other hand...

"what you say" (rrr), "paddle" (foot pumping) and "sing" (eee eee eee) are also very popular.

I just wish I could get on cue the opera diva she becomes when getting her fur blown dry at The Groomery. Rooo rooooo roooo reeeee eeeee roooo rrooo (tail wagging the whole time).

Oh my goodness. I just got home and made the dogs be polite about going inside (Tundra has to lay down, Cilla has to sit) and then in the lounge room Cilla lays down and Tundra has stayed in his crate on command (gate open) for the last 10 minutes!! So proud!!! Never tried it before like that :) what good puppies embarrass.gif

That's impressive TSD.

Mine will fetch my walking shoes - but usually when she wants something. Like a walk. If she managed to fetch a matching pair - I try to reward that with ...

a walk.

She's not all that good at fetching matching pairs.

Tho I do like to reward the fetch instead of the find and destroy...

That's impressive TSD.

Mine will fetch my walking shoes - but usually when she wants something. Like a walk. If she managed to fetch a matching pair - I try to reward that with ...

a walk.

She's not all that good at fetching matching pairs.

Tho I do like to reward the fetch instead of the find and destroy...

Why not leave a pair somewhere obvious & maybe cue it "1 and 2" or "and the other one"

Scottie would go mwntal if i jackpotted with a walk. He loves "shooooooes" it gets a better reaction than "walkies"

Why not leave a pair somewhere obvious & maybe cue it "1 and 2" or "and the other one"

She's pretty good at that - and picking up what I point at...

It's when she goes into my room where most of the shoes are and picks one up... sometimes when I send her back for another one - she brings another one - from a different pair... We do have a party if she brings another one to make a pair... But at the moment she doesn't quite get that they have to match.

And then there's the sox. Sometimes she brings me a (dirty) sock from the laundry basket - unless I've been a bit slack about putting laundry away and then it might be a clean one - they're usually in a pair but she separates before fetching... sox always need a good shaking out.

But I guess we could do some more practice. Where I put the shoes where I can't see them (to show her which one by eye or hand pointing) and there's only two pair to choose from.