Sharpei And Sheep

Morgan brand

I would love to hire a trainer but money is an issue. I'm only 19 moving out of home for the first time and also studying animals at tafe. Does anyone have any suggestions I really want to work on his recall. The thing that stumps me is when I take him to my parents house their fences aren't great and they have cattle always in the paddocks and he doesn't even bat an eye at them I think it's because my parents have border collies and he really enjoys the company of other dogs because h has never really been able to play freely unless I take him to mum and dads because my partners family all their dogs have sheep issue so it's sad that they are all chained up. I hate seeing animals live like that

I know you have said money is an issue, but if you can work out a way to afford a trainer Alexa Davidson does "Un chase" workshops http://www.scholarsincollars.com.au/unchase.html

Thanks for the link I have already looked at a few and awaiting a response from one company. I've found a 4x4 one which is 1.83m high which we are definitely getting but we want to ensure he has enough room during the day so maybe we could get 2 and then place them together to make a bigger run.

I had a local fencing company make mine. It worked out cheaper than if I can got it from a dog place so you could try that too.

He will be fine inside until you build the run, however if he is not used to being inside I would give some thought to where he will be in the house and I would start giving him some enforced inside time now. That way when you move he will have some clue as to what is expected of him and you will know if he is likely to chew, toilet etc. Most Pei will not toilet inside and are super clean - but most Pei are predominantly inside dogs to start with. Most are not destructive at all either but can do an incredible amount of damage in a short time if they take it into their heads to go outside and you are not there to do their bidding. My two spend most of their days inside in the cool of the house but do have access to the deck at the back and the back yard. They would be horrified to be locked out in fact - can you secure an area off the back door for him so he has the option?

He will be fine inside until you build the run, however if he is not used to being inside I would give some thought to where he will be in the house and I would start giving him some enforced inside time now. That way when you move he will have some clue as to what is expected of him and you will know if he is likely to chew, toilet etc. Most Pei will not toilet inside and are super clean - but most Pei are predominantly inside dogs to start with. Most are not destructive at all either but can do an incredible amount of damage in a short time if they take it into their heads to go outside and you are not there to do their bidding. My two spend most of their days inside in the cool of the house but do have access to the deck at the back and the back yard. They would be horrified to be locked out in fact - can you secure an area off the back door for him so he has the option?

Thank you he is very much used to inside he loves it in and he is great with holding onto the toilet. Yeah we can and that's what we're thinking of doing we just want to make sure he will be fine while we are at work until our run gets built for him. We have a little deck too

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you he is very much used to inside he loves it in and he is great with holding onto the toilet. Yeah we can and that's what we're thinking of doing we just want to make sure he will be fine while we are at work until our run gets built for him. We have a little deck too