Toilet Training Regression And Grinding Teeth

ari.g

Soo frustrated!

Has anyone's pup regressed in their toilet training? Mac is 14 months and in last 3 weeks has started going to the toilet inside again. He doesn't even try and wake me up to let him out. His diet and feeding schedule hasn't changed.

Also, does anyone's dogs grind their teeth? It's like nails on a blackboard. The vet had a quick check of his teeth last week and said he can't see anything wrong that would be causing it. I noticed he was doing it when he came home from the kennels at Christmas time. He does when he is lying down and settling down to sleep.

Is mac peeing and/or pooping indoors?

is there any other behaviour that has appeared or dis-appeared ?

AFAIK , tooth grinding can be a sign of pain ...and , with a change in toilet habits - perhaps he has something happening internally ?

He is pooping and peeing inside. Only during the night. :(

No other behaviour that has changed. Still eating and acting the same.

That's what I read about the tooth grinding too. The vet had a look and couldn't see anything. He is due for his annual vacc in April. Will get them to have another look then. I guess the two could be related though the toileting issue started about 6 weeks after the tooth grinding.

I read the title and wondered if you were talking about a child for a second :laugh: too many forums!

Anyway, Im do wonder if its something internal, bladder infection? Teeth grinding in a human can be signs of worms, Im not sure if that applies to dogs too.

how often do you walk him per day?...how long?...does he use always the same spot in the house?...is the stool firm?...or running?

when we got our BC I put a dog flap in the laundry door and she used it from day one...

I read the title and wondered if you were talking about a child for a second :laugh: too many forums!

Anyway, Im do wonder if its something internal, bladder infection? Teeth grinding in a human can be signs of worms, Im not sure if that applies to dogs too.

Yes, I think I will have to take him back to the vet.

the vet had a look .. where? I am wondering neurological , affecting the smooth muscles ?

The vet checked out his teeth/mouth.

how often do you walk him per day?...how long?...does he use always the same spot in the house?...is the stool firm?...or running?

when we got our BC I put a dog flap in the laundry door and she used it from day one...

My dogs get walked once a day for 35-50 mins, 6 days a week. Yes he always goes in the same spot. Stools have been all different sometimes runny, sometimes firm.

My back door opens onto 5 steps, so have never bothered with a dog door. I previously had an old boxer who wouldn't have coped with going out the dog door and down steps.

My dogs get walked once a day for 35-50 mins, 6 days a week. Yes he always goes in the same spot. Stools have been all different sometimes runny, sometimes firm.

My back door opens onto 5 steps, so have never bothered with a dog door. I previously had an old boxer who wouldn't have coped with going out the dog door and down steps.

...than I don't think it is vet issue...seems that he just arranged it for himself; I would sleep at this spot (camping mat) a few times so I would be able to catch him on his way...after a few accident free nights I would barricade the area so it doesn't become accessible for him. Depending on time of the accidents changing the feeding time might also help. Consider also: with 14 month he might have just made the change from puppy to adult and therefore might need significant less food!

I don't think so, where he has been going to the toilet is about 3-4 metres away from where the dog beds are. I have had 3 clear nights now. I have bought some Urine Off to try and neutralise the area thoroughly. I need to buy a UV light before I do this. Once I have done all that I will "re-open the lounge" and see how it goes.

I could try restricting him to one of the bedrooms. My girl usually sleeps in the lounge dining area and would ideally have him sleep there with her. My kitchen, dining, lounge, entrance is one big room so the only "rooms" as such are the bedrooms and bathroom.