Female Gsp Or Vizsla

WOWO1973

Congratulations! I have a male GSP puppy who is nearly one & he is the apple of my eye although a little terror sometimes(as all puppies are!) The waiting is the hardest part but don't wish the time away too quickly, they grow up so fast. Enjoy!

At one year of age, he's well old enough to sire pups. He's not a puppy any more!

Treat him as the young adult he is.

Haredown Whippets - Don't you worry, he most certainly does get the respect he deserves & is treated accordingly to his age.

Glad to hear it and best of luck with him. I'd make no assumptions about him being good with other dogs. Is he desexed?

He is desexed. He is quite submissive & loves to play with other dogs. Once he is distracted though it can be a challenge to get his attention back!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello everyone,

After lengthy discussions and research on both breeds, my fiance and i have decided on a GSP.

I hope you 2 have checked with the Body Corporate of your building or your Rental Agent whether you are able to have a dog of GSP size in your unit ? Some Body Corporate of Buildings do have a size (weight) limit in their by-laws.

Good Luck !

You'll find the time goes really fast. I contacted the breeder of my fellow the week my old staffy was PTS :( and let her know I'd be looking for a puppy in about nine months time - that's how long it takes me to start to want another pet. People thought it was ages away. Then dogs were mated and puppies born late May. I picked him up on 1st August. It all seemed really quick. The acquisition of puppy stuff was fun.

Poor little mite could have been excused for thinking he was a puss cat..... He slept in the cat carrier (was only 2.5kg when he came home and the carrier was easy to cover and make snug), he was fed from the cat bowl, combed with the cat comb, had the cat toys to play with..... My cat had been PTS exactly four weeks after my dog :(

Maybe worth checking out the Vizla Club in Vic. They know of litters from reputable breeders, and often know of young dogs (not puppies) seeking homes. Past the feral puppy stage makes life simpler

GSP probably has the same service but I am not aware of them.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Touching base to let everyone that we are still searching for our new addition to our family.

Yet to decide between a GSP or Vizsla female pup.

In continual communication with several breeders.

Looking at the second half of year for our little girl..

????

Any owners of either breed would appreciate your input..

You've already been advised against either breed by both owners and people familar with the breeds. A few months isn't going to alter opinions.

As an owner of two vizslas i do believe my original reply was a big emphatic no, and it hasn't changed.

If you want either breed you'd need to rethink your living arrangements.

The dog park Momo and I frequent has 5 or 6 different Vizslas that visit - and boy are they active dogs! They're lovely, but so high energy! Just red blurrs going round and round the dog park. Definitely keep that in mind - they're kinda big too. A lot of dog.