Random Gift - Camping

Eza

Hubby came home from work Thursday night, he was very excited he had a gift for me.

*back story is we are dogless at the moment but hopefully our new baby will be here in July*

He had brought me a book, on camping locations that are dog friendly all over Australia. He wants to go away next year with *prospective* puppy. It was very sweet of him.

We live in SA, any suggestions for places that are dog friendly and camper safe (we have a 4wd and camper trailer). We are already camping at Rawnsley (sp) Park this year.

Edited by Eza

I have the book too! Very useful!

Lots of places up through the flinders are dog friendly. We are hoping to get up to Bendelby Ranges with our girls soon.

Yorke peninsula- Tiparra Rocks, The Gap and Bamboos camps near Balgowan. They are bush camping spots but from memory you'd get a camper trailer through no worries.

Fleurieu peninsula- Rapid Bay, Second Valley, Cape Jervis all have caravan parks and are nice spots for a night or two trip, especially if you like fishing.

Or head up the river, plenty of nice spots to camp along the bank in places, we had lunch in a good spot not too far out from mannum the other week :)

We live in SA, any suggestions for places that are dog friendly and camper safe (we have a 4wd and camper trailer). We are already camping at Rawnsley (sp) Park this year.

I was given a Dog's Life Magazine lift out yesterday which is all about holidaying with dogs. In the SA section of an article on "Canine Camping" there is this:

Australia's driest state might not have as much state forest to offer as the eastern states but it still has plenty of great camping spots (more than 200 sites), including some great destinations on the Murry River. It even boasts one of Australia's few National Park campsites that allows dogs — canines on leash are permitted in the Lyrup Flats section of the Murry River National Park. "There are many great spots along the Murry River," Frith* tells Dogs Life. "I also have several favourite spots close to Adelaide in the forests of the Mt Lofty Ranges, Mt Crawford and Kuitpo Forests."

*John Frith, author of "Bush Camping With Dogs"

Another article talks about beach holidays. It states that there are over 30 dog friendly beaches but leashes are required during daylight-saving months. There's a long list which I assume can be found someone online. It specifically mentions beaches in the following areas: Kingston, Robe, the Onkaparinga area, Holdfast Bay, and the Charles Sturt region. There's no mention of suitable camping sites, but perhaps the locations might give you some ideas.