Not Happy Physio.

We have a physio (who also does reiki). She charges $70 and is here for at least an hour. Massive difference in the dogs overall (and not just sore areas) after her visit too. She goes all over the body to pick up the compensating areas. Huge difference in price (and outcome). I'd also be updating your physio on what the xrays say. How dissappointing all round.

Are you sure that's an Animal Physio? They are Human Physio's with an additional degree in Animals.

Certified in:

Equine Massage

Equus Muscle Management

Animal Husbandry Levels 1 & 2

Artificial Insemination (A.I.)

Reiki Master

Equine CST Levels 1,2 & 3 and dissection

Emmett Technique Level 3

Member of IICT

I don't actually know what all these mean of course! She studied and worked in America for a long time and has worked with racing horses and racing dogs for a long time. She's also involved in horse and greyhound rescue. Very interesting to watch her work. The dogs can get away if they want to but don't and she keeps at the bad spots until she feels some kind of release and often the dogs will do a big sigh or yawn to confirm it. They are definately calmer and more limber. She was recommended to us by a doggy hydrotherapy business who didn't feel our old dog was a candidate for their services.

They are not an Animal Physio.

The only canine course they have done is Emmets and they have only done 3 levels, they are not at Practioner level.

Sounds like the qualification they have is equine massage.

So that's why they are not expensive like an Animal Physio as they do not have the skill or the education level of one.

Edited by sas

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got news about Chloe and its not good.

I have to apologise it is her hip causing the problem although its not dislocated, she has no hip joint the ball has completely disintegrated, we have three choices, do surgery this week, if we can't afford it a vet nurse at the clinc I go to has offered to adopt her and pay for the surgery or we can amputate.

My vet does not want to amputate at this stage because of how bad the patella is on the other side.

It has been caused by either legges perthes or a fracture while she was in plaster.

Poor Chloe :(

Not sure if this is even do-able ..but can the femur be trimmed , and then let a muscular joint form ? My vet used to do this for bad HD cases .. a small incision over the joint ..lots of fiddly work , and dog going home - no femoral head , bandages/plaster or anything , that night ...

Edited by persephone

Lola had her femoral head removed at 6 months because of LCP. She skipped and hopped her whole life and eventually lost feeling in her whole back end. She had a lot of muscle wastage too.

I'm sorry to hear about Chloe. I hope you can come up with a good solution for her xx

Poor little girl. :(

This might be a stupid suggestion and have knock on effects that are worse, but just in case...

Could you get a second hand wheelchair* to take some weight off pre or post surgery/amputation? Perhaps that might buy you / her patella a little more time?

*may need to be modified to fit her exact measurements

I've had a good chat with my husband and the vet nurse that wants to adopt her and we've decided to let her go on trial, they sound like a perfect home and my vet has said they are a very nice family with lots of dog experience, she will have two other dogs for company, two children, someone home most of the time and she will be able to go into the vet clinic with her new owner while she works.

Chloe is going home with her tonight and is booked in to have surgery on Fri, if all goes to plan they will keep her if it doesn't work out we will pay for the surgery and bring her home.

I've had a good chat with my husband and the vet nurse that wants to adopt her and we've decided to let her go on trial, they sound like a perfect home and my vet has said they are a very nice family with lots of dog experience, she will have two other dogs for company, two children, someone home most of the time and she will be able to go into the vet clinic with her new owner while she works.

Chloe is going home with her tonight and is booked in to have surgery on Fri, if all goes to plan they will keep her if it doesn't work out we will pay for the surgery and bring her home.

That sounds a good plan - she is hopefully a great new addition to their family !! :)

Lots of hugs for you. hug.gifhug.gifhug.gif

It is very hard to step back and let your beloved dog go where she will have the best chance of recovery and recuperation - you are very brave to put her well being first and I salute you.

Just got the phone call they love Chloe, she's going in for surgery today.

Looks like we're back to four dogs, the house is very quiet this morning, she's normally the one making all the noise and trying to get everyone to play.

A lovely update - although sad ... :hug:

Guest crazydoglady99

My heart breaks for you Rascal. What a difficult decision.

I hope everything goes well for her surgery today and really hope it is a perfect home for her.

Gosh you're having an awful run lately.

Big hugs x you are tougher than I :)

My heart breaks for you Rascal. What a difficult decision.

I hope everything goes well for her surgery today and really hope it is a perfect home for her.

Gosh you're having an awful run lately.

Big hugs x you are tougher than I :)

Agreed. What a selfless, loving thing to do when it must hurt a lot. :hug: