Dog Vomit On The Cotton - Maybe- Persian Carpets

Hi all

Just want some more ideas on what I can do about dog vomit on the red persian carpets. One of the carpets is probably cotton, not sure what the others are.

Took one of the smaller ones to a persian carpet shop and they destroyed the cotton tassels on it with acid or something and then tried to sell me new tassells - not going near them again ever.

I've done the basic scrape up and soak up the mess, followed by lots of bicarb soda to get some more of the gut acid out, and then a bit of talc and vinegar spray (as per some net advice).

I've looked at Shannon Lush stuff, and it mentions this:

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/07/03/2293752.htm

Q. How do you remove dog vomit from carpet? It's been washed in vinegar but also a touch of dish washing liquid but now it has a slight grey colour to it.

A. Put a couple of drops of dish washing liquid on it and massage until you feel it change texture, it will suddenly feel a bit like jelly and when it does sponge it out with white vinegar. Make sure you don't make it too wet, just a little moisture.

I know she's put a new book out about pet stains... I'm not overly bothered by the stains (adds character) but the smell of old weetbix/kibble is not fun.

I'll have to try that one. I have one of her books and the closest approximation was to get a a tooth brush and apply the suds of dishingwashing liquid or bicarbonate soda dissolved in water, not sure which it was, and then wiped off with a damp cloth. I often have the problem of a little dog vomit/regurg on the carpet so it'd be better to have a tried and true method.

What's actuallyworked best for me is to remove the solids and then more of the stain with a damp cloth (not too wet), when dry spray on vanish carpet cleaner and work that in as directed, then vacuum up when dry.

Guest crazydoglady99

Lets just take a moment to imagine massaging soapy vomit carpet till it feels jelly like...

Eeeewwwwww!!! Feeling better about my hard floors :) :)

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I tried everything and the only thing that got the smell out was Natures Miracle. The big bottle, not the spray. I used the entire bottle (It was a big spew) and let it soak right into the carpet and let it sit there with a towel over it for a week and do it's job (enzyme cleaner) until it dried naturally. Worked perfectly.

I also have dark blue carpet and it didn't bleach or take any colour out of it what so ever.

Edited by LisaCC

Dozer is the same Lisa!

Huge tiled areas in half the house, and he goes and throws up on the spare mattress in a bedroom with carpet, when there was a tiled vanity area , toilet and bathroom three steps away!

I just scrape it off and use dishsoap and a vinegar spritz.

They always aim for the carpet. More than half my house is tiles, he still went straight for the carpet!

Maybe cos it doesn't splash? She had a third session - not much left but she actually made it out the back door that time. I suspect - even tho I cleaned up most of the substance of the first time - at 3am, and then bicarbed it that maybe she ate some of the bicarb residue... Not suprised that set off some more...

She's not too happy about being on a fast at the moment.

I will look for some "nature's miracle". I think I'm becoming accustomed to the smell tho :S

Could you ask your local dry cleaner to sell you a little bottle of dry cleaning fluid? You might have to supply the container. I used to have a small bottle of the stuff which came with a fabric lounge we bought and it was marvellous for spot cleaning.

They always aim for the carpet. More than half my house is tiles, he still went straight for the carpet!

not always, when Neko feels sick she runs to my bed. :vomit:

The whippets are pretty good and try to make it outside.

Good luck with your carpet Mrs RB