Old age Pomeranian

swain

OK - I'm a numpty and pushed a proper child's three wheeler stroller around with Mac in it for some years.  Perse found it for me on Gumtree - a Phil and Ted's three wheeler which I could manouvre with one hand with Mac in it and the other two westies on leads to get to the park.  And not once did I get anything but delighted (if surprised!) comments.  I carried mac on the beach one day and that was the only time I got a snarky comment about carrying a dog. 

I did a lot of research before I bought the stroller  - and the stroller won hands down - completely manouvreable, stable (after all it is used for children), a great size, cheap second hand and very versatile - when Mac got too tired at the park he'd go back in his stroller for a snooze in the shade. Mac loved it - he could see what was going on around him and he was very comfy.  And I could put my bottle of red in it as well!  

The trollies and garden wagons I found were too low, and too hard to manouvre and steer with the other two westies on leads, and nowhere near as stable - and the so called dog prams off eBay (as in the link above) were simply expensive junk.  

Anyway, my name is Westiemum, I'm a numpty and damn proud of it!   And when Sarah gets to this point (which won't be long) then she'll take over where Mac left off.

Hope this helps! :)

Attachment-1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2017 at 4:24 PM, Boronia said:

what about a small garden trolley (that way you won't feel like a numpty pushing a dog in a stroller)

perhaps one like this but with pneumatic tyres

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Folding-Garden-Trolley-Trailer-Rust-Free-Cart-Hand-Utility-Lawn-Tard-Farm-Wagon-/122096539462?hash=item1c6d855746:g:3qEAAOSwIgNXt7iW

B you know I love you to bits - but that is the worst trolley I think I've seen!  I'd far rather use a stroller than get seen dead with that! :laugh::rasberry:

7 minutes ago, westiemum said:

OK - I'm a numpty and pushed a proper child's three wheeler stroller around with Mac in it for some years.  Perse found it for me on Gumtree for $50 - a Phil and Ted's three wheeler which I could manouvre with one hand with Mac in it and the other two westies on leads to get to the park.  And not once did I get anything but delighted (if surprised!) comments.  I carried mac on the beach one day and that was the only time I got a snarky comment about carrying a dog. 

I did a lot of research before I bought the stroller  - and the stroller won hands down - completely manouvreable, stable (after all it is used for children), a great size, cheap second hand and very versatile - when Mac got too tired at the park he'd go back in his stroller for a snooze in the shade. Mac loved it - he could see what was going on around him and he was very comfy.  And I could put my bottle of red in it as well!  

The trollies and garden wagons I found were too low, and too hard to manouvre and steer with the other two westies on leads, and nowhere near as stable - and the so called dog prams off eBay (as in the link above) were simply expensive junk.  

Anyway, my name is Westiemum, I'm a numpty and damn proud of it!   And when Sarah gets to this point (which won't be long) then she'll take over where Mac left off.

Hope this helps! :)

Attachment-1.jpeg

ETA: Forgot to add - whatever you buy, make sure you can get it in your car and get it in and out easily.  While you might not think you'll need to take it anywhere I can almost guarantee that you'll want to take it somewhere at some stage - and children's strollers are designed for that.  

Edited by westiemum

On 1/22/2017 at 2:33 PM, persephone said:

yes, i will suggest a pusher .

A bag needs to be carried .. dog will get very hot inside , and it wouldn't be all that comfortable swinging around, I'd guess .  Pimp a pusher - use it as a trolley for shopping etc ...

Yep agreed - would probably be Ok on short walks in winter but I wouldn't want to do that in summer.  And believe me even a small dog gets very heavy very quickly if you're carrying them.  Will likely severely limit the length of your walks. 

2 hours ago, westiemum said:

Oh my goodness!  It gets worse!!  :rofl:  Thats the most 'numpty' thing I've seen so far! :rofl:

Ok then WM, if that's how you feel, I suggest this one

Screenshot from 2017-01-28 16:28:48.png

so try to top that one in crassness!

LOL

though it is pretty cute

• Like 1

There was a lady in my suburb bought one like the 3 wheeler buggy but especially for dogs. She said it wasn't cheap, but easy to push and she had 2 other dogs walking alongside . It was for her old bully , he wasn't big for a bully it had a roof aswell and he couldn't jump out , can't remember name but think it was from the  states.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Ive seen things you wear like the kiddie harness that a dog sits in. You could also think about a push bike with a basket that you could harness your dog in, seen lots of pics of dogs in the wind with sunnies on and ears blowing. They always seem to look happy.