British bulldog problems

bulldog mother

Hi I'm new to the page just wondering if anyone can help me I have a 2 year old bulldog I payed $6000 for and the poor little guy has had nothing but problems skin irritations bone and ligament problems vet from inherit traits please help me

image.jpg

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Have you contacted the breeder of your dog with your concerns?  That seems to be a lot of problems, and did you say they are genetic?

Sorry, not quite understanding what it is you want help with. Can you repost your questions (what specifically you want help with) and we'll do our best to answer you.

• Like 1

have you spoken to the breeder of your concerns? Sometimes sh!t happens for no reason and some vets are very quick to blame any problem on the breeder. The problems you have mentioned can occur in any dog of any breed whatever the price paid. Sometimes skin irritations can run in family lines but more often they just happen. Bone and ligament problems? Well sometimes that can happen because of poor/incorrect upbringing. But bone and ligament problems is also a very broad statement and could cover many, many things so bit hard to judge on the likely hood of it being a inherited problem.

I gather from the photo you've had your dog since a young pup? (He's very cute by the way)  Has he always had these problems or are they new?

• Like 1

Welcome .
he looks lovely :)

I will also suggest you start with the breeder .
Skin irritations - such  a frustrating set of symptoms ... a LOT of detective work  needs to be done to find out  the WHY .  Different causes can be food/plants/ immune system problems /parasites ...
The ligament etc problems - what exactly are they ? We can't help if we don't know the problem/s   :(

• Like 2

I think you need to go into more detail as to what the problems are first and have you had it since a pup etc 

skin allergies can be food or envoirment . Certain breeds are more prone to certain problems , did you research the things you may encounter and talk to the breeder about them ?

i love BBs but health wise they are a nightmare .

• Like 2