Gold Coast man kicking dog at park

I think we can all most of us unanimously say he is an asshole. 

Here is some stories over the past few days. Warning. The video disturbing. 

The dog is currently with the rspca, the man identifies and to be charged. 

Original Facebook post by the Facebook person who caught him is gone:

the dog has been found and seized by RSPCA
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-09/rspca-seize-dog-filmed-being-kicked-by-man-on-gold-coast/9315554

being charged
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/alleged-dog-kicker-charged-animal-cruelty-on-qld-gold-coast/9321746

Edited by Thistle the dog
  • Sad 2

This has been all over FB and I have not looked at the video - just can’t bear to see it.  I just clicked on here to hopefully get an update and, thankfully, I have seen what I wanted to see: the dog has been taken away and the man will be charged.  Let us hope that the magistrate who gets his case is an animal lover and gives this horrible creature the legal kicking HE deserves.  

I also hope some sort of help is given to the children.  God knows what their experiences are.   Leaping to conclusions, I know, but so much evidence to show the harm that is caused when children are exposed to violence -  physical, verbal and emotional.   

• Like 1
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Thistle the dog said:

I think we can all unanimously say he is an .......... 

No, actually we can't - no matter what this person did, we can't call him names on a public forum as this would be cyber bullying - a serious offence. He abuses his dog, you abuse a person - based on law both has consequences. All this guy has to do is taking a screen shot of your abuse and give it to his lawyer and you are in for a hefty fine.

Edited by talking dog
deleted the word in the quote to allow the OP to remove the evidence (just in case the OP intends to do so)
1 hour ago, talking dog said:

No, actually we can't - no matter what this person did, we can't call him names on a public forum as this would be cyber bullying - a serious offence. He abuses his dog, you abuse a person - based on law both has consequences. All this guy has to do is taking a screen shot of your abuse and give it to his lawyer and you are in for a hefty fine.

Carrying things a bit too far, I think @talking dog.  You cannot argue with what is seen by thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people.  Anyone kicking a dog (unless trying to break up a fight because people are panicking and think that will stop it) IS an asshole.   

• Like 2

i saw it on my feed, and i'm sure everyone thinks he as a complete w%%%%%r, full of roids probably . What concerns me most, is the other dog didn't get taken, he is clearly happy to beat his dog in public, and she does nothing either.I actually hope he gets a slap from someone for it, because i'm sure the courts will as usual do FA  in giving him a proper sentence.

• Sad 1
19 hours ago, juice said:

i saw it on my feed, and i'm sure everyone thinks he as a complete w%%%%%r, full of roids probably . What concerns me most, is the other dog didn't get taken, he is clearly happy to beat his dog in public, and she does nothing either.I actually hope he gets a slap from someone for it, because i'm sure the courts will as usual do FA  in giving him a proper sentence.

I saw the video on ABC news on-line and one of the things that bothered me was the woman who was with the other dog didn't do anything AT ALL! she just carried on as if it wasn't happening

Says something about their home-life methinks.

I would like to call them bad names :swear:

2 hours ago, juice said:

yes, in the last 2 days i have been appalled at pathetic sentences i have seen for rape etc the judges have the power to inflict proper sentences yet don't, i'd like to see mandatory sentencing.

Tialeigh Palmer's foster brother got out of prison this week after only 16 months for incest and covering up her murder. How is that justice for that poor girl? She was already neglected by her own family and taken into care. She is then taken advantage of within her foster family and the entire family cover the sons crimes up and the foster father kills her and lies about it. How did she get any justice for her short, painful life? Prison for me is as much about depriving a criminal of a normal life as it is keeping them out of our communities so they can't harm anyone else. Same with serious crimes against animals. Why do we give them a second chance to own and harm another one?

I saw the footage of the GC man just after it first happened. A witness started filming after seeing him punch the young excitable dog in the head. If he did that out in public and his partner  turned a blind eye then just imagine what he does in private when things don't go as he wants them. He has anger problems that probably stretch across everything he does so I'd prefer he had no animals or children in his household. It wont happen but at least this one dog wont end up unsocial because of how it was raised. I hope the man got a rude wake up call seeing himself spread all over social media and the comments people were writing about him as a human being. His partner too - standing by and letting it happen is neglect and just as damaging as abuse.

• Like 2

How can we expect proper justice when we have judges who say that “no” sometimes means “yes”;  who declare there is no such thing as rape in marriage; who all asleep during trials; and who masturbate underneath their robes.   Most of them are nasty old men who you wouldn’t want around your children.  Shocking generalisation, of course, but is indicative of my anger at some of the sentences.  I was absolutely sickened when I read in the paper that that filth Palmer was out of jail.