Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am after any recommendations for a dog trainer to help us with our 6 year old English staffy. He has recently shown aggression towards other dogs. We have two young children and would like to get some help with training as it was a side of him we haven't seen before. We are located in Sydney but happy to travel. 

Thanks. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, juice said:

Steve at k9 pro deals with dog aggression. Your dog will not improve without help , he will just escalate. 

Yes this is why we are seeking help! Steve is booked for the next 4 months. I was just seeing if there was anyone else we could see sooner to help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, juice said:

The reason he is booked is because he is good. worth the wait. In the meantime keep him away from other dogs.

I concur. You won't find anyone better . Phone him in the meantime - he may give you a strategy ...while waiting . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d contact Barbara Hodel at https://goodog.com.au/ She’s not upper north shore, but is president of the Pet Professional Guild and will be able to recommend a suitable force free trainer in your area.

 

Louise Ginman at Positive Dogs runs a Reactive Dog Classes if you don’t mind travelling to Strathfield. She is also a force free trainer. http://www.positivedogs.com.au/reactive-dog-class

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, persephone said:

I concur. You won't find anyone better . Phone him in the meantime - he may give you a strategy ...while waiting . 

Thanks! I have booked him in and we will just wait until then. I just thought I would see if there was anyone else highly recommended that we could maybe see earlier. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

I’d contact Barbara Hodel at https://goodog.com.au/ She’s not upper north shore, but is president of the Pet Professional Guild and will be able to recommend a suitable force free trainer in your area.

 

Louise Ginman at Positive Dogs runs a Reactive Dog Classes if you don’t mind travelling to Strathfield. She is also a force free trainer. http://www.positivedogs.com.au/reactive-dog-class

Thanks, I will look into them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phone Steve...seriously just do it and discuss what can be done before a board & train (if that’s what you’re looking at) because he does skype and phone sessions too.

 

i waited nearly 6 months for a 2 week board and train with him a little over 2 years ago. Best money I’ve ever spent. I have such faith in his methods with training, raising and rehabbing dogs that i’m picking up one of his lab pups from his latest litter on Sunday.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, juice said:

i didn't know he bred labs now? does he still breed Mals?

yes ..his lab Rosie Cheeks  has had a litter :) and yes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know as I often get people at work asking me where to get pups . I always send them here first . Although when breeders don’t bother to reply it’s embarrassing which was what happened yesterday after I sent the poolshop guy here to look for a new dog . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, juice said:

Good to know as I often get people at work asking me where to get pups . I always send them here first . Although when breeders don’t bother to reply it’s embarrassing which was what happened yesterday after I sent the poolshop guy here to look for a new dog . 

I know some breeders are not always quick to reply at the best of times … but just wanted to say it's a really tough time for breeders with so many people deciding they must have a puppy - now!!!.   Not saying that's your pool guy … but truly the breeders are not to know.     My boy's breeder had more than 50 inquiries in 2 days. … bad enough at the best of times .. but trying to sort the wheat from the chaff at the moment …. Eek. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes , I gave him DOL contac a week ago when I went to order a part , yesterday he told me he had no responses . 

I did tell him to just contact breeders and tell them about himself etc and see if they had anything coming up . He has a Cavoodle , but lost his BB 6 months ago and is only just ready for another dog . He doesn’t want another due to all their health issues , something smaller he said to suit other dog and is in no rush . Told him to say just that . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2020 at 8:50 AM, persephone said:

yes ..his lab Rosie Cheeks  has had a litter :) and yes 

Rosie Cheeks is a Tapua bitch (you probably already know Pers) and this is her 2nd litter. Different sire for this litter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...