Naughty piggies!

tdierikx

So... we give them nice warm, soft bedding straw in their bed... and this is what they do with it...grrr!

Check the one lying down... ratbag is laughing at me... because I have to clean up that mess!

pigs.thumb.jpg.c40168b81aa91a8b5bf58a538f703ccb.jpg

They are getting swapped for smaller ones tomorrow... maybe they will keep their straw in their bed... ?? At least for a week or two... lol!

T.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

These ones are about 10-12 weeks old... already starting to get too inquisitive about what we taste like... they like to chew on my boots or try for the back of my leg while I'm in cleaning... and don't get me started about the buggers trying to steal the rake! They weigh about 30+ kgs...

T.

• Haha 1

During Winter, Trouble's bedding this year was plastic shopping bags :) LOTS OF THEM ..she made a fantastic nest with them ....re-arranged it in different spots , according to her desires /where the wind was blowing from/how cold it was ...and it was one way of recycling ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

They're beautiful - we'd like a baby pig or two but realistically I know I couldn't cope with them as adult pigs in general management.

yes, they grow so fast- and require one to be vigilant and to have tank-proof accommodations ! Piglets are , like goat kids, so darned CUTE though.... :love: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kirislin said:

Where do they go when they get too big?

We basically lease them from a pig farmer @Kirislin... they go back to him when they are too big for us, and he gives us more little ones to make friendly/naughty...

The new ones we got today are so darned cute! Except for the one with the black nose... she's a bitey evil. So nice to have piglets that weigh under 10kg again... was becoming a chore cleaning up the poop of six 30kg poo machines...

6 weeks from now, today's tinies will be 25-30kg... errr! The pig farmer reckons we grow them really good... lol!

T.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tdierikx said:

We basically lease them from a pig farmer @Kirislin... they go back to him when they are too big for us, and he gives us more little ones to make friendly/naughty...

The new ones we got today are so darned cute! Except for the one with the black nose... she's a bitey evil. So nice to have piglets that weigh under 10kg again... was becoming a chore cleaning up the poop of six 30kg poo machines...

6 weeks from now, today's tinies will be 25-30kg... errr! The pig farmer reckons we grow them really good... lol!

T.

That’s a clever system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1