Need information on calming products

Kazm

I used Zylkene on the advice of a veterinary Behavourist and the dog in question has done exceptionally well over time.

He has gone from quivering jelly to well adjusted house pet.

Zylkene is made from milk products and I did not see any side effects.  Of course, this was not the only therapy he had.

one of my friends tried Zylkene on a bitch that cried when left and it did not appear to do much for her.

all you can do is try different things.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kazm said:

Jemappelle, I was actually considering that idea. Plus the woman I spoke with yesterday suggested licki mats. Molly is extremely food driven and it appears she just carries  on initially. I could give the treat idea a go. My only thought is that she’d finish it very quickly though but it’s certainly worth a shot. 

Mine follow me outside and I throw it over the gate as I am about to get in the car!  I have a doggy door so they can get back in the house if they want.  You have to be really organised and give it just as you're going out the door. 

• Thanks 1

The key with licki mats or the likes is dont just give them when your going out some dogs figure it out quickly that they come with departure ,
Give them when home or when ever .

As to products like everyone as mentioned choices are like a box of chocolates what works for one is useless on another .

Vet drugs these days have come a long long way & we board numerous dogs on various prescriptions & no sleepy or zoombies 

• Thanks 1