Is this Simparica legit?

cameronrabbit

Hello, Australian brothers and sisters! My beagleman, Oz, and I live in Brooklyn, New York, and we have been users of Simparica Trio for a couple of years now. It's crazy expensive, so I went online to try to find the best possible price. I stumbled on a website called CanadaPetCare.com that sold it for 100 USD less than other US companies. "Meds in Canada are cheap! Canadians do a much better job at getting meds out to the public" I thought. Ordered, two weeks later it arrived, and get this: it arrived from Singapore, but the product was (supposedly) made by Australia's Simparica. The packaging looks quite different than the US packaging, and I'm concerned it might actually be fake pesticide. I called Simparica US to ask if they had any ideas, and while they confirmed that the batch number was real, they couldnt say if the product was real. I'm also concerned because I bought 12 doses, and it came in a 6 dose box, but 12 pills were in the box (granted ,the box had a sticker noting this). I'm not suuuuuuuuper paranoid, and feel it may indeed come from Australia and the medication is just cheaper there, but not knowing is bugging me. Attached are some pics of the box, if there is anyone out there who also uses Simparica, I'd so appreciate if you could upload what yours looks like! Or just tell me if the packaging looks 1:1. Many thanks for your help!

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

That's for a 20kg and up dog. Beagles don't ( or shouldn't ) weigh that much. I have heard Canada is cheaper for meds then the USA. I don't use that product so not much help but I have received extra tablets and a flattened box ( for postage costs ) when ordering online.

• Like 1

Vet and Pet Direct is an Australian supplier, they are excellent to deal with (though other local suppliers are slightly cheaper) they do international shipping so it may be worth while to consider them next time you order, they are also quick to answer any questions.

There shipping info is here

and the Simparica here

I hope this helps a little

edited to add that I and checked this supplier who I do buy my Bravecto and Nexgard from and their shipping is: International Shipments Orders shipping to countries other than Australia (International Shipping) will incur an additional $14.95 shipping cost.

Their Simparica is here

Hopefully you won't incur an import tax so you'd better check that before buying

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

On 09/09/2023 at 4:35 PM, Boronia said:

Vet and Pet Direct is an Australian supplier, they are excellent to deal with (though other local suppliers are slightly cheaper) they do international shipping so it may be worth while to consider them next time you order, they are also quick to answer any questions.

There shipping info is here

and the Simparica here

I hope this helps a little

edited to add that I and checked this supplier who I do buy my Bravecto and Nexgard from and their shipping is: International Shipments Orders shipping to countries other than Australia (International Shipping) will incur an additional $14.95 shipping cost.

Their Simparica is here

Hopefully you won't incur an import tax so you'd better check that before buying

Thank you!

Am returning the simparica to canadapetcare and ordered from vetnpetdirect - it's like half the price as that other shady website! So glad I wrote on the forum!

• Like 5