Update on Woman Mauled by Her 2 Rottweilers

Deeds

In all fairness, I’m not sure that the health system will cover all treatment costs, at least in a timely fashion. Hospital funding cover will cover immediate, acute surgical repairs and outpatient care in public hospitals and Medicare should cover most out-of-hospital medical care. If she requires later reconstructive surgery, she may need to join a long waiting list for publicly funded surgery. If she has private health insurance (Medibank, HCF, NIB etc), she could “jump the queue” for reconstructive surgery but would probably need to pay a fairly substantial gap.

However, I’m not a fan of the current trend for media-savvy and apparently relatively affluent people to appeal for financial support whenever they encounter adversity. Most people have a limited amount of discretionary funding that they can give to the less fortunate, and I think that money should be directed towards those in dire financial need.

• Like 7

If there's more to the story then the first people to tell are the police, not sending out crumbs to see which media might pick it up for some cash. I agree she will have out of pocket costs especially for trauma treatment and if she chooses a private plastic surgeon, but this fund is already sounding tacky and attention seeking.

• Like 5