Dogs and lightning

coneye

We all know  that thunder , lightning scares dogs ,   last night we had some real big thunder , sounded like a bomb , and lightning which lit up the lounge ,  it came in around 1 am , Our little dog  , which   usually runs and hides if  anyone raises there voice ,  was asleep in his basket , next to the window ,  now we have floor to cieling  glass windows , stretching right across the lenght of the lounge .

When the thunder came in, it woke us up and  the wife said to me , you better go get the dog , he'll be scared , , bring him in and put him on the bed with us she said , so i toddled off to the lounge to get him  . it was a great show , lightning strikes , big explosions  , and where was the dog , lay at the window fast asleep , not a care in the world , thinder  shook the window it was that loud , lightning lit up the  room , so much so  i sat in the chair  turned it to face the window  and sat and watched the show , . what did the dog who hides if you raise your voice do  , woke up ,  looked at me , jumped on my lap and went back to sleep , LOL

• Like 6

15 hours ago, jemappelle said:

Just lovely.  Perhaps your little dog is a little deaf! 

He is but its selective deafness , such has when i come in and he's asleep on my chair , i say  c'mon Ollie off my chair , he's deaf then  , rest of the time he could hear a mouse tip toeing half a mile away , LOL 

• Like 3