Looking at becoming a breeder in WA

Brindlepuppygirl

You will need to apply to Council for a permit to breed... and that will cost you for the application AND for the annual permit IF they grant approval.

New legislation was passed in December 2021 which makes it harder to breed dogs in WA.

image.thumb.png.5a03bcab5772d1c6c422dbe83e8de1a3.png

image.thumb.png.9ae64c825fbc8fa9da21e14b7211dcb5.png

You can try, but if your dog is not pedigreed and you are not a member of any breeding association, your chances of getting approval are slim at best - and if you breed your dog without approval, the fines are quite hefty.

To be really honest with you, non-pedigreed AmStaffs are over-represented already, and they can run the risk of being identified as pitbulls, which are a restricted breed in Australia... which can lead to destruction orders being made for the slightest infringement. The safest option for your girl is to be desexed and treasured as a loving member of the family.

T.

• Like 5

I suggest STEP 1 spend a few hours scrolling through rescue and pound pages in order to fully understand the LIKELY outcome for most of the pups you cause to be born. 

(I actually don't believe this is a genuine post - c'mon, "You cannot be serious!" (I've gone all McEnroe) :laugh:

• Like 3