Beware scam

Lisa 64

I got scammed by a company calling themselves [email protected] 

Charged $633  then asked for another $498 to move a pup from  NSW To SA. When I queried the charges I was told if I didn't pay them my pup would be left at an undisclosed pound. And I would never see it again. I have emails that prove this.

• Sad 6

Something fishy about this post .
Even a cowboy company wouldnt claim "leave in undisclosed pound"

Would love to see the email that claim this & i gather you have taken action in small claims court & got your money back .

• Like 4

I also initially thought there was something fishy about this post. However, I looked more deeply and there are red flags about the supremepetmovers website.

The website is marked as copyrighted 2024, which seems odd this early in 2024. 

The contact information and other supporting information on the website seems sparse in comparison to known legitimate pet transport companies, with just a phone number and a link to get a quote. I ran a reverse phone number search and found this information … “Believed to be a fraudulent/scam pet adoption courier”. 

Text boxes on the website, including those for “book a travel crate” and “get pet itinerary” don’t have working links.

I was unable to find the business name on the ASIC Organisation and Business Names Register. I could find the names of known legitimate pet transport companies.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Lisa 64 said:

I got scammed by a company calling themselves [email protected] 

Charged $633  then asked for another $498 to move a pup from  NSW To SA. When I queried the charges I was told if I didn't pay them my pup would be left at an undisclosed pound. And I would never see it again. I have emails that prove this.

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. I hope you have your dog safely with you now.

• Like 1

My first question to anyone one offering services and goods on Facebook these days is ‘What is your ABN?’. Everyone should make this question as common as ‘How much?’.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ~Anne~ said:

My first question to anyone one offering services and goods on Facebook these days is ‘What is your ABN?’. Everyone should make this question as common as ‘How much?’.

That would certainly apply to businesses like pet transport companies. However, hobbyists may offer goods or services related to their hobby but may not be entitled to an ABN. Many dog breed enthusiasts would fall into that category, particularly if they only bred very occasional litters. In fact, I’d be more wary of dog breeders whose profit from litters was sufficient to qualify them for an ABN.

Edited by DogsAndTheMob