New Legal Restrictions on XL Bully Dogs Now in Force in UK. Wales From 1/1/24

Deeds

The first picture looks like your average staffy. Don't know how I would've coped if that legislation came in here while my stafford girl was alive. Probably would've packed up and moved with her. A very sad move for many dog lovers I think.

The most devasting part of this is vets are the ones who have to do the sh#t part of the deal in an indutsry that already has the highest suicide levels & put down healthy dogs.rescues have the same deal .
I totally understand that some of these crosses are just so extreme with bad owners whether that be macho nobs to those who claim clueless & dont have the strength to control such powerful dogs (even if friendly)

This also affects people who rent houses as it can factor into your tenancy insurance so people who have done the right thing in getting the dog certified could then have there lease cancelled .

There have been some horrific attacks in the UK but they have done breeds bans before as has Europe .
This should be many Australians wake up call as we are extremely naive country full of entitlement without actually training dogs to be in public 

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 1

Qld are currently trying to legislate BSL... despite pretty much every animal welfare, industry or training body advising that it has been tried before in many jurisdictions and it simply DOES NOT WORK...

T.