Groomers

With back probs you wouldn't be so happy to groom a big dog, especially when they come in matted and filthy and won't stand still!

Another thing I hate - TICKS, vile creatures.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Master Dog Breeders Academy is a multi level service provider for dog breeders, their puppy buyers and other adult and junior responsible dog owners. Our emphasis is on the people [breeders and owners] and not the dogs. The only requirement for admission to the first level of membership with either the Breeders section or the Responsible Dog Owners section is that each person agrees to abide by the code of ethics. Relevant to whichever group they are joining.

Breeders and future breeders on this level are given options for free advertising on our web site, access to many resources which they can use for their breeding practices, a members only forum to discuss issues relating to breeding and their dogs, retail and service discounts, the ability to attend seminars, correspondence courses [some with work experience components] Modules can be completed separately, examined by qualified teachers - certificates are issued on successful completion of each module - and students learn at their own pace. MDBA clients and students are a respected international community with online campus benefits. They then obtain documentary evidence of their skill, experience and knowledge level to demonstrate to their puppy buyers and their peers their desire to learn as much as possible about their hobby and to be the best dog breeders they possibly can be. .

Dog owners who purchase their dog from Master Dog Breeder Members gain access to our responsible Dog owners section free of charge and people who have purchased their dogs from another source pay a small fee to have access to many resources which help them to be more responsible dog owners and be rewarded for their behavior and have fun while they are at it . . . Owners score points for their actions which show they are doing the right thing that brings them rewards and advantages along the way as they attain each level. They also have access to member’s forums, newsletters, competitions, discounts, our course options and many more surprises.

We intend to support our members by providing them with all the tools and resources they require to build their knowledge level, to take up advocacy roles when appropriate with governments and law makers, to work toward educating the public on the benefits of buying from our members, educating our children on responsible dog ownership requirements within the school system and work in a proactive rather than a reactive manner. To have our members seen with high regard in the community

Current breeders, future breeders, and all dog owners are invited to join our membership and take advantage of what we have to offer for the benefit of all Canine life.

Besides the owners that have been mentioned,

Dogs that scream when you go near them with a brush (people think you're killing them!)

Dogs which put their head down when your trying to brush their chest - like Rough Collies with all that mane! Holding their head up gets tiring! But the Collies are one of the most rewarding for me in the end.

I haven't done much clipping, so it is the big brush outs that I got to do the most and got the most satisfaction from.

My sisters malt X silky get groomed once a year, and the groomer said that they wished all dogs were like her :vomit: She just collapeses when you go to groom her, you can roll her on her back and brush/clip, hold her upside down and trim around her bum, even if you accedently hurt her, she doesn't really move.

My sisters JRT X malt likes to be brushed, but his hair get tangled in a day, so around the bum hurts him a bit, but he puts up with it, because he loves to be brushed when there are no knots. He HATES it paws being touched though, he had a toenail ripped out by a vet because it was half ripped off, and ever since then, has had a problem with people touching his paws.

My dog, I wouldn't put anyone through washing him!!! :rofl: I can do it, I hose him and he is good for me, but I doubt he would get in any sort of bath thing with a stranger.

Edited by klb_543

:rofl: I am about to start my new career as a groomer. You have all given a lovely insight into the profession :eek: Im sure its not ALL that bad??

I have been grooming & clipping show dogs for a few years & before that, I did volunteer work at a grooming salon. I havent yet had a bad experience :vomit: Touch wood.