Greenies

I purchased in a weak moment some of those Greenie chews for my dogs. I have avoided them up until this point as I stick as a rule to as natural treats as possible for them (they get fed a natural diet) and barring a few treats like dried sinews, occasionally a pigs ear or jerkey type products and the occasional natural type biscuit I stay away from commecial products.

Well, it is over a week later (they had them on Sat 9 July) and thismorning two of the dogs are STILL putting out bright green droppings. I have been picking up green droppings from them all off and on all week.

When you consider that the natural digestion time for a dog is a matter of hours, this is horrendous.

Needless to say I wont be buying them again.

Guest LittlePixie

Haha. Both my dogs get them every week or so and they've never had green poo!! Would look funny though... can you imagine your dogs putting out bright green poo in front of a non-doggy person?? :kissbetter:

Guest Pandii

I had a free sample of them so I thought I would try them

Tyson had his gone in seconds flat- no teeth benifte there

and he to had green sloppy poo

Never again

I got given some for the dogs to try. They seemed to like them although i thought they ate them to quickly and think a bone would be more benefit to dental health. They didnt have green or sloppy poo.

Edited by packsapunch

Guest LittlePixie

Wow... if I didn't see (and hear) my two gnawing on theirs I'd wonder if they were eating them at all after this thread!! There's never been any difference in what comes out the other end with mine :kissbetter: (and that is not to say that their poo is ALWAYS green and sloppy :hug:)

My guys love them & know what's coming when they hear the word "greenie" I think they warn about the green coloured poos on the packet? I know I've read about it somewhere, maybe on the Greenies website.

My boy takes a day to finish his one "petite" & his teeth have never looked better, no sloppy poos from either dog though.

Greenies have been known to be fatal in USA with dogs. I would stay well away from them too.

I have read reports which are similar and choose to steer well clear of them. My guys love pigs ears I do hope there is nothing too wrong with them.

Kerry

Edited by aranyoz

Oh what?!

Tracy your dogs got a treat and you got the thrill of seeing green "toxic" poo?

Drat, I didn't get anything that exciting. I had a free sample too, gone in seconds and for some reason I was expecting 'minty' smells and didn't get that either.

ewwww :rofl:

Mine get a Greenie once a day and no Green pooes. Leila enjoys them and takes her about 10 minutes to finish it, she's not a fan of chewing bones so Greenies are good for her.

I guess it likes any aninal (including the human variety) some animals can tolerate some things and some can't.

Price doesn't bother me too much, I buy in bulk so it works out pretty good.

Greenies have been known to be fatal in USA with dogs. I would stay well away from them too.

Not quite right and it's a bit of blanket statement, no clear scientific evidence to support it.

When they first hit the markert I had personal experience with a dog eating and chewing a Greenie and then within hours winding up at the Vet with dog very ill.Our Vet has withdrawn them from his Clinic to further research done on the ingredients and adverse reactions.

This is interesting to hear. When they first came out, our clinic also had a client have a bad experience with them. Dog got really sick and then it also stained clients carpet! They are still on sale at our clinic and we havnt got any other bad reports but the first incident put me off trying them with my dogs.

Um after reading the ingredients I dont think Mina will be getting any:

Processed wheat gluten, glycerin, natural flavor, powdered cellulose fiber,

monosodium phosphate, monoglycerides of edible fatty acids, magnesium stearate

and chlorophyll.

No artificial coloring added. No preservatives, and no plastics

or other inert ingredients. Product appearance and color may vary due to

natural ingredients. All ingredients are used in human food product

take a look at the developers

http://www.greenies.com/html/developers/develop.html

hmmm why dont a see a veterinarian in there?

Gluten, glycerin and cellulose? who the heck came up with that as being nutritional?!?!? I can only see that as the quickest was to get intestinal cramps and sloppy poo ... make sure heaps of water is available if your dog eats this so they dont become dehydrated i'd say

what is wrong with a good old bone I ask you?