Embarassing Question Eeekkk

just interested in what it is about cat's poo, that dogs find so enjoyable to eat??? :rofl:

we have a inside cat, so have a kitty litter for her, and i try my hardest to keep it well away from the dogs, and even have a top over it...but they still go to great lenghts to find it and...eeeekkkkkkkk ..... :rofl:

i do worm them all, so hope it isnt a major health problem :rofl:

just curious why why why why?????i do feed them, they arn't starving!! :rofl:

please explains someone, to me

The simple answer - because it's TASTY!

I know...it's really gross, but it's just a thing that my dogs seem to do - something to do with the gross smell, and personal preference of the dog.

You don't need to worry about it - they're not doing it cos they're starving, they're not doing it because they're lacking anything, they just do it cos they want to, and cos it's there.

Is it possible to put the kitty litter somewhere where the dogs can't get to it? Maybe put some kind of barrier across a doorway, one that the cat can jump over but the dogs can't, so that the cat can have some privacy?

Failing that you'll just need to keep checking the tray and clean it out a few times a day.

It's not unusual...my older dog will go in and vacuum any 'treats' the cat may have left if he think's i'm not looking :rofl:

I put it down to the fact that cats have a higher protein diet then dogs do...and their dry cat food tends to have more salt as well...so...a healthy cats poo has a smell and taste that the dogs find inviting and delicious :rofl: :rofl:

LOL!!

thanks girls, its just smelly when they try to kiss u after :rofl:

I do try to do a barrier, but it doesn't always work :rofl:

my other concern is i use that white oma looking crystal litter, and im not sure if that easily digestable when the dogs eat a bit of it with the poo :rofl:

:rofl: sorry have to have a giggle over it. bit embarrasing

apparantly its like liquorice to dogs....a real treat...but very bad in large doses as cats have an excellent digestive system and it really is cocentrated toxins in a little package....

My dogs go crazy over it too....they'd like to eat a cat even more i'd say.. :rofl:

It is really gross hey

What makes me laugh though is when they hear you coming and start chopping it down really fast and when you tell them out they grab a mouthful and run, totally gross

Funny but my only dog that eats cat poo also eats out of the toilet.

:rolleyes: Cat crunchies

I don't know why it works but I have noticed when my cat has a few (4-5 biscuits) of the dogs Supercoat bisquits the dogs leaves the crunchies alone.

cat gets a couple of dog biscuits because he wont leave the kitchen until he's "tasted" the dog's dinner

Just in case it's better then his maybe ?:confused:

LOL :mad this thread gave me a good laugh...Jaida has just learnt how "very" tasty the cat's poos are and will do anything to get to them!. When I catch her she just does this little run/skip away from the tray with a bit in her mouth like she has just found the best treat in the world. Never mind the fact that mummy is dry reaching at the thought of it, while trying to get it off her!! :rofl:

MSJ I love reading your posts...you are always so candid and honest and they usually put a smile on my face- keep it up :rofl:

lol hi there ppl worry about malamutes eating cats but all mine wants is the litter tray so hubby put a child gate across the door in the laundry so cat can get in but puppy stays out of her food litter tray toys and bed ..

glad to see his not the only litter mad pup out there :rofl:

My bro reckons that Tbone follows the cat around waiting for another treat to be deposited... and that he sees the cat as some sort of treat dispenser :D

(my bro is really warped - truly! unlike my good self :) )

:)

Now THAT'S a funny mental image! :)

We don't have cats, so the poor dogs miss out on cat crunchies. Enya makes up for it by getting stuck into the sheep droppings though :eek:

It's a really nice look this time of year when the sheep are excreting little cow pat type things (because of so much moisture in the grass), and Enya runs around devouring them :)