Fido's Free-itch Rinse And Hydrobaths

4 Paws

I have a hydrobath and generally use either the Fido's free-itch rinse or the Fido'd herbal rinse in it(no shampoo just the rinse)Just wondered if these 2 items are considered shampoo's-therefore are they drying like shampoo's are :( It's just that one of my german shepherds has an itchy skin problem which is under control at the moment(used malasab)and i usually bath them every couple of weeks as they come in side quite a bit but don't want to dry there coats/skin out to much.

Anyone have any other suggestions for use in hydrobath????It's only a single tank so found the rinse was great as don't have to empty the tank out and refill for rinsing with these 2 products

thanks in advance-Julie

I used to do a dog wash run and only used fido's free itch concentrate rince and found that any dogs that had an itch problem or scaly skin, generally bad skin soon healed up with this product used on a weekly basis. I swear by it for problem skin. they also have a soap free rinse as well but i myself haven't tried

Hi my 3 GSD's get bathed every Sunday without fail more if we are off showing and I use nothing but Fidos free itch rinse. The only 1 I had trouble with was poor deceased Riley and after washing him in malasab no more problem, but I washed him in it until he died. If I washed him in anything else the redness and itch flared up.

But I only use mine, hydrobath for the 3 of them then empty and clean it out ready for next time, the only time I left it there I found it stunk.

I also never have had a tick or flea on any of them, I bath my cats in it as well periodically.

I also have a hydrobath and use Aloveen oatmeal shampoo and love it! Smells divine, makes their coat so soft and definitely not drying :( I also use the Aloveen shampoo and conditioner on my clients dogs who all remark how their skin has improved since coming to me.

Have used the Fidos free itch in my hydrobath as well, have not had any problems with it. The only thing to watch out is that in hydrobaths, if you add too much it froths up heaps and if you are not careful you end up with a sud bath instead.

Other than that I have used pine oil. Bought someone's oatmeal shampoo and found that it caused irritation more than the fidos did...

found also washing in flea shampoo fortnightly also helped to control any fleas here on the property without having to use the likes of frontline etc.

found also washing in flea shampoo fortnightly also helped to control any fleas here on the property without having to use the likes of frontline etc.

The above statement seems to apply to our place to!!

Our guys generally get done weekly but left them for about a month once and whoaaaaa did the fleas come out of nowhere !! (well I think they actually came from next door but I can't be certain - that poor fella is always covered in em) Needless to say they are back to weekly baths and no sign of fleas :(

Skyes Dalimit - how did you find the Pine Oil?? A friend suggested this to me once but I've not tried it out as yet ....

We also wash our dogs weekly (when they are working) in the hydrobath with Fido's Itch Free rinse - never had a problem with dry skin.

We originally had a problem with red welts on our youngest GSD - adding Omega 3 to his diet (and later on just sardines) cleared that up within days. Never had a problem since.

If you are worried about dry skin/coat with the Fido's, why not put a little Plush Puppy Seabreeze Oil into your final rinse? I'm only saying that brand as it is a water soluble oil. Pine oil isn't soluble but you can also use Pinetarsol (for humans) which clears up itchy dry skin and chickenpox!!

I've never had any issues with Fido's flea and tick :mad Are you sure it's that product causing the skin problems?

My chooks got lice this week :) They were washed with Fido's on veterinary advice - even the day old chicks! :rolleyes:

Hi again,thanks for your reply's.Sorry if i didn't explain myself properly.The fido's products are not causing any dryness(1 dog did have a skin cond but have it under control) but just wanted to check that if you do use these products once a f/n or more reguarly are they similar to reg shampoo's i.e drying as reg shampoo's are? Cheers

I used malaseb on my GSD but with a thick coat and constant washing became counterproductive becuase i could never get her coat completely dry at the skin level. At the beginning of summer ... Bzzzzzzzzzz ... instant lion :mad

I shaved her coat to about an inch long (except for legs and from the collar up) and BOY was she happy. Made it easier to treat the condition and get enough oxygen to the skin to keep it dry. Didnt need to bath as often as well :rolleyes: though we couldnt show her and she was getting on so we werent really fussed about how she looked as long as she was comfy

Try a produce store or one of the larger pet store chains. :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people on DOL are buying their pet products directly online so maybe someone can offer a link to one of those sites?

NB. The Vet Shed is advertised at the top of this page right now!! :mad

For me it is cheaper to buy at the vets as the petshop is 10.00 dearer but my friend buys 5 ltr bottles from the vet shed and she uses a lot through the boarding kennels and she said that is the cheapest place to buy it.

Hi Aly,i buy a lot of pet things off www.vetproductsdirect.com.au

They have the fido's range,to give you an idea the free-itch rinse 125ml is $11.80,500ml is $31.09 and 5lt $197.98.They also sell the same product but without the part that kills fleas which is Fido's herbal rinse-same nice smell just won't kill fleas 500ml sells for $18.22 and 5lt for $78.42

They also have a loyalty points system so every time you place an order you get so many points and when it reaches a certain level you cash it in and get $$$ off you order.Great idea :)

Huntinghound,

Have Pm'd you.

For a conditioner, I have bought some fudgey type conditioner in a pump thing from Conmurra hydrobaths. I put two pumps into a water bottle add water and spray on coat after the bath.. found that works well to condition the coat without having to use a conditioner.