Farewell Tasha

TashaBailey

We received news this morning that a dog matching Tasha's description was picked up on Monday dead in the area where she went missing on Sunday. Due to the council not detecting the microchip and not checking with reports of lost dogs and the flyers that were very clearly on display in the immediate area where she was picked up we have not been able to reclaim her body and give her the proper farewell that she deserved. The council did not even keep the collar that was on her so that we could then be 100% sure that it is her.

In reality though I feel that it is most likely her because we have had no sightings of her since Sunday evening and we have extensively searched the area where she went missing.

Tasha was 2 years old. She had been with us since she was 8 weeks old. She was my birthday present and was my first foray into the world of showing dogs. She was to be my foundation bitch. Unfortunately in true Sheltie style she went too big for the show ring but she was always first and foremost my pet. She was spoilt rotten, sleeping on the bed, all the dog toys ( of which there were many) were all hers ( in the world according to Tash anyway). You were definitely the boss, you ran rings around Wags, Bailey and Sonny. Sonny will be across the bridge to guide you having passed over on Sunday afternoon. To say goodbye to two of you in such circumstances and so close together is so hard. Wags and Bailey are still waiting in hope that you will both return home which we now know will not be likely to happen. It is a struggle just to get them to eat.

Missing you heaps my dear Tasha and I am so sorry that I did not find you in time so that your last hours were spent in the arms of someone who loved you instead of in fear and alone. You will be forever in my heart. :love:

Run free dear Tasha and stay forever young over the bridge where you will know no pain

:love:

:love::love: oh I was so hopeful for a good outcome for you all. :love:

run free at the bridge Tasha, and hugs to your heartbroken family.

and when you are up to it, maybe a letter to council to let them know to follow some kind of ID procedure for the next dog they find.

fifi

post-19-1131502282.gif

Oh God no, I was so hoping that Tasha would make it home safe and sound, what a terrible thing to lose two beautiful babies, my heart goes out to you and your family, fourlegged ones and all. She is now safe with her pal, he must have wanted her for company at the :love::love:

So sorry to hear about poor Tasha :love: . Run free at the bridge darling :love: .

I can't believe the council did not scan for a chip but I guess it was a road crew who didn't know better. I'm assuming it was the council who confirmed what happened?

Regards,

Corine

Edited for spelling.

Edited by fido666

Dear Michelle, Greg & Family,

I was hoping & praying that we would find her. I am so sorry - I know how much you all loved Tasha.

I am sure Sonny was waiting to show her the way over rainbow bridge & that my Nelson would have been waiting to play tag with her.

Run free Tasha. We will never forget you.