Training Treats

Liver Bread!

Enya would walk backwards, blindfolded on a tightrope, doing somersaults for Liver Bread :rofl:

There was a recipe for it on the forum on recently, very easy to make - cut it up and freeze it, then just pull out what you need as you need it.

The best treats to use for training are soft, small and easy to swallow quickly. They also need to be LOVED by your dog. I use either thinly sliced, cooked sausage, small pieces of roast meat (chicken/lamb/beef), little bits of cheese or popcorn. And remember to vary the types so he/she never gets tired of them. :rofl:

I use his daily kibble (Natural Balance) or other smallish snacks, lamb jerky etc.

I find the kibble small and quick to chew so he doesn't lose focus, and easier to take to the park - soft treats are ickies in pockets!

Have used most of what is mentioned here and the dogs have loved them particualrly sliced sausage, BUT i finally too the step to chop and fry liver, kidney and tripe (it was yuck, and i had to but a processor as i could not bear doing it by hand), fry them without oil until just brown. The dogs adore it. Smells a bit though.

I make my own - the best is beef or chicken mince, pulped apple, cheese and garlic mixed together, flattened and dried. It comes out in paper thin sheets and you can break off the tiniest pieces and they taste great (to the dogs :rofl: )

trkey and lamd chunkers they break into little bits easily and sml dog doesnt need half an hour to chew on lol

the dont keep well but if you freeze them and take straight from the bag they are fine

we also use liver treats and natures gift little bits cheese carrot apple fruit snack pack juice is a winner at home and anything else we humans eat

yb

Hi I am training my ESBT and am looking for a good treat any suggestions?

Here is economical recipe

HOMEMADE LVER AND GARLIC STRIPS

Buy a piece of liver from butcher

and Minced Garlic.

Cut the liver thin spread with minced Garlic

Place in baking dish in hot preheated oven

turn over after 15-20minutes or so

Allow to cool and breakoff the strips as required

YUM YUM YUM YUM

love my german shepherds

kojak

:thumbsup::) :D