Help!

sounds like me old buy, he was 18 and we knew they day would come, with in 1 week he went right down hill very weak had no appitite, dring lots of water and looked very tired and no strength, couldnt stand that, friday i took him to be put down cos, i ddint want him on anymore mediation for the sake of him maybe living another few weeks or months, it really tore me apart but if i thought about it to long it would of been even harder to do.

Technical talk:

In human terms, a high calcium level tends to put other body chemicals out of order - (digs in the memory banks... :rolleyes: ) I think it's because calcium binds to bicarbonate as it's filtered by the kidneys in humans and leads to alkylosis or acidosis (wrong pH in the blood) - panting can be the respiratory system's way of trying to re-balance. I wonder if this is the same for animals?

Personal experience:

I had a lovely old ginger cat who got melanoma of the iris, had the eyeball removed but it had spread. We treated him holistically, using herbal drops thought to help in human melanoma. It was a long shot, but so long as he agreed to drink the drops voluntarily, we decided to give it a go.

He lasted 18 months longer than the prognosis! :D When we eventually said goodbye, it was gentle (very sad, of course) and he'd had a short reprieve, and

It's so sad when the 'time' seems close. My sympathies go out to you.

:rolleyes: as it turns out the cancer had spread to her brain or spinal cord. we had her PTS at 11:45am. Tomorrow i'll make my long dreaded addition to the Rainbow bridge forum.

it's been 1 hour, and 5 minutes with out my baby, i'm so lost. :D