Nice Smelling Spray

What does everyone spray their pets with to make them smell nice after they have been washed? Whenever my boys come back from the groomers they always smell so nice, I will have to ask next time if they sell whatever it is they use. Shampoos and conditioners just don't have the same nice smell so I'm curious what everyone uses.

I have never used a spray, but, i have used Doggy Wipes from PetStock about $4.00 a pack of 8 and they leave a lovely smell on my pups coats (sort of powder smell - like baby wipes, but i can't think who makes them - its Ruddicks) although it does not last for a real long time. But i am pretty sure you can get doggy perfume.....lol..... :laugh:

Edited by malleerr

I used to use Bay Rum on my Poodle - don't know if it's still around, tho. Very economical!

Kaisie, the Dobe, gets a hose down and shampoo if she "stinks" - cause it is not usually possible to "cover up" her stinks :laugh: And because she is short haired and dries easily! :laugh:

;)

There is a huge range out there so if you like the smell the groomers leave on the dogs, it's best to ask them and if they have a retail area they will probably be selling it too :laugh:

I also have a spray in the baby powder scent for D, he hates and it makes him sneeze! The brand I have is pro groomer, and they have a green apple one I like as well

I have a groomer friend in the States that has sent me a range of sprays and my favourite is a thanksgiving cinnamon spice one - yummo!

Pooche has a nice range, male/female/puppy with shampoo/conditioner/spray

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/index.php/cPath/21_48_120 (has the squirt range, but a bit dearer)

I don't mind Dieter's natural smell, as long as it's clean and not something he's rolled in. :confused:

Edited by Vehs

I use Lambert Kay as a general cologne, but for fussy owners of dogs I now use Aristopets Eau de Canine Macho for Dogs and just Eau de Canine for bitches!!.

Bay rum should still be available from a chemist, but nor directly off the shelf, you need to ask the pharmacist for it, last time I did so he put it in a bottle for me marked "For smelly Dogs!!"

As was suggested by another DOLer (I think Dru?) mix a little bit of Aloveen conditioner with water in a small spray bottle ... spray this and dogs smell devine and are extra soft! Great for 'in between' baths.. tho, like noisymina my dogs coat is short enough that she usually just gets a quick bath :confused:

Only mix as much as required tho, Aloveen mixed with water will go mouldy if stored for too long..

I have a lovely one, the bottle is not labelled but I think it is called Eau de Quinine (that's what it was pronounced like). It's a clear liquid you dilute with water, perhaps it is the Eau de Canine that Hesapandabear mentioned ?

Cheers,

Corine

Corine

They are two different types of spray.

I had forgotten about Eau de Quinine, I remember using it before a show, it is a concentrate, conditioner, and you spray on prior to brushing. Sorry cant remember who makes it but you would find it at a show, from people who sell there.

Eau de Canine is a prepared spray from Aristopet.

Guest LittlePixie

I use the Squirt Spray n Shine too... I just LOVE it!

Brody's started sleeping in my bed again in the last couple of weeks, and if I give him a couple of squirts and brush it in just before bed, he smells DIVINE all snuggled up under my chin :eek:

I need to get some of the Aloveen Leave In Conditioner too though. I love the shampoo and want to try spraying it on them like Dru has suggested before :D

I like the baby powder sented one. Very nice. Plush Puppy Odour Muncher isn't bad either. Most often for groom dogs I use a couple that I buy through Petnetwork. Lavender for 'girls' and for the 'boys' who are just a bit macho for lavender I use one called 'Cairo' which smells a bit like Aramis. Yum!! These two have always been very popular with my customers.