Treat Bags

Guest Tiggy

This is the description of the treat bag their selling on www.airdogs.com.au. I thought they sounded good. Has anyone got one?

Treat Bags #16171

Voted ‘Best Dog Treat Bag’ by the Canine Journal. A high-quality bag with a hinge mouth - pop it open and it stays open, or snap it closed with one finger. A separate front pocket is custom designed for holding a clicker, special treats or anything you need in an instant. Designed for trainers using positive rewards who demand good looks and great value.

The pocket is large enough to hold all of your training equipment, plus mobile or even a water bottle. Easy to keep clean inside and out. Just wipe out the lining with a damp cloth and you have no more treat mess or ‘dog slime’. The fully adjustable belt makes it easy to fit, put on and take off. Fully guaranteed for one year. Outside measures 21. 5 cm wide by 15 cm high. Available in stylish blue with no pretentious advertising on the outside.

Details

Price: $28.60

including GST

This is the description of the treat bag their selling on www.airdogs.com.au. I thought they sounded good. Has anyone got one?

Yes, I have 1 of these. They are great.

I had a blackdog 1 but I had problems with the hinge on it and know of several other people that also had problems with the hinge on theirs. (I have been told they had a problem with them at 1 stage but not anymore.) So when the blackdog 1 died I bought 1 of these.

I have had it for several years now with no problems at all (except for leaving treats in it and it getting a bit smelly in which case I clean it out and hang it on the line for a week, lol)

Blackdog treat pouches come in three sizes and you can get a treat pouch sock for the two larger sizes. Put treats in the liner, keep in fridge if necessary and then just put the liner into the pouch when you need it. removeaable liner is easier to clean than the pouch itself and is stitched to fit around and over the hinge and velcro in place.

i've got a blackdog one, and it works well for me

i had a bit of trouble with the hinge for a bit, but it just needed some oil

i think i'll get a liner cos it does get a bit smelly sometimes

i'm really pleased with the quality of the blackdog gear and would recommend it, most of our club uses it and have heard all good things

I have a question regarding treat bags please.

The dog is supposed to be focused on the hander. With a treat bag being around the trainers waist, does this position cause problems as the dogs changes focus, from handlers face to bag, thereby possibly causing confusion?

I don't find it does

I have the bag on the back of my right hip and I get treats out with my right hand and transfer to my left hand when we are waiting for instructions, then when we are training he does not look at the bag as he can't see it, but he knows they are now in my left hand

I don't find it does

I have the bag on the back of my right hip and I get treats out with my right hand and transfer to my left hand when we are waiting for instructions, then when we are training he does not look at the bag as he can't see it, but he knows they are now in my left hand

Thanks.

All the same, maybe a treat bag would be better around a handlers neck (same idea as the handler spitting out food).

I have seen a few dogs in high level obedience trials, who have been rewarded with food and their focus changed from between handlers waist and face, thereby making the heeling not as perfect as could be possible.

I am just thinking/typing out loud LOL.

From time to time I think about entering a few obedience trials (edited) again, and not being so terribly focused on retrieving training and trials.

Edited by Lablover

My Black Dog treat pouch also had problems with the hinge . . .

I picked up a neat new one when in the States! With a drawstring but no hinge :rolleyes:

Lablover - Zoe does sometimes focus on the treat pouch - she can be cheeky and nose it when she does something right :rolleyes: - although focussing on hands is more of an issue with her (I have always rewarded her from my hand)

With Diesel, since I do spit food, his focus on my face is better.